Viktor's 2018 NHL Mock Draft (February)

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Standings are based on the date 1/25/18. Also, I did a lottery :)

1. :panthers Rasmus Dahlin D Frolunda HC (SHL)

Best scenario for the Cats (Or any team), to get Dahlin to play alongside Ekblad for the next possible 13+ years, it would surely a fun team to watch, but too bad their in Florida. However, if Florida does ever become a good team, the Floridians will come to watch games.

2. :habs Andrei Svechnikov RW Barrie Colts (OHL)

Tough choice between Svechnikov, and Boqvist but the Habs needs scoring desperately and if they jump up into the Top 3 in the lottery they should take Svechnikov, or even Zadina because offense IMO is their biggest need.

3. :coyotes Adam Boqvist D Brynas IF (SHL)

Although the Yotes miss out on Dahlin, they shouldn't be too disappointed if they can get Boqvist on their hands. A right-handed offensive defense-man to play alongside Ekham-Larsson (if they keep him) for the future.

4. :sabres Filip Zadina RW/LW Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL)

Another tough choice for me, because Buffalo does need defense, and I don't think Quinn Hughes wouldn't be a bad pick at 4. However, I feel Zadina is too good to pass up on. Also, the Sabres will need that replacement for E. Kane once he's gone.

5. :sens Oliver Wahlstrom RW/C U.S National U18 Team (USHL)

If Ottawa ends up trading away Mike Hoffman they'll need a sniper to replace him, and Wahlstrom is exactly that.

6. :nucks Brady Tkachuk LW/C Boston Univ. (NCAA)

Another big blow to the Nucks in the lottery, but I mean they did get Pettersson with the 5th last year so... I'm getting off-topic ANYWAY after the Nucks passed on Matthew Tkachuk in 2016 just to let him go to an division rival, I figured they don't want the same thing to happen again. Also, a future 1st line in Tkachuk - Pettersson - Boeser looks pretty solid. Also, I've been very low on Tkachuk, but after the season has progressed I now see the talent their proving that he is a likely Top 10 pick, but I change my mind often so he could drop in my March Mock Draft.

7. :edmonton Noah Dobson D Acadie-Bathurst Titan (QMJHL)

Between Dobson, and Hughes I figured since the Oilers already have Klefbom, and Nurse (The #2, and #3 Top rated defenders in the NHL) they should go with the right-handed defender in Dobson. The solid two-way defender, who has climbed up the draft to become a possible Top 10 pick, and even a Top 5 pick if the right team is at #5 needs a right-handed defender.

8. :wings Quinn Hughes D Univ. of Michigan (NCAA)

After missing out on Dobson they Wings shouldn't be too disappointed with the addition of Quinn Hughes. Although, the Wings really need that right-handed defender I believe Quinn Hughes is too good to pass up on for the Wings.

9. :canes Joel Farabee LW U.S National U18 Team (USHL)

The Hurricanes are stacked with defensive prospects, so I have them taking the best forward available in Farabee.

10. :hawks Bode Wilde D U.S National U18 Team (USHL)

Chicago is still a bottom 10 team lol. Well if they end up missing the playoffs they really need to add one of the many really good defensive prospects in the draft. And based upon my rankings, Bode Wilde is the best available.

11. :isles Ty Smith D Spokane Chiefs (WHL)

12. :rangers Evan Bouchard D London Knights (OHL)

13. :ducks2 Jett Woo D Moose Jaw Warriors (WHL)

14. :kings Jesper Kotkaniemi C Assat (Liiga)

15. :wild Joe Veleno C Drummondville Voltigeurs (QMJHL)

16. :pens Ryan McLeod C Mississauga Steelheads (OHL)

17. :cbj Akil Thomas C Niagara Icedogs (OHL)

18. :flyers Ryan Merkley D Guelph Storm (OHL)

19. :leafs Barrett Hayton C Ste. Sault Marie Greyhounds (OHL)

20. (CGY) :isles Jack McBain C Toronto Jr. Canadians (OJHL)

21. :devils K'Andre Miller D U.S National U18 Team (USHL)

22. :avs Rasmus Kupari C Karpat (Liiga)

23. (STL) :flyers Dominik Bokk LW Vaxjo Lakers (SHL)

24. :stars Jared McIsaac D Halifax Mooseheads (QMJHL)

25. :sharks Calen Addison D Lethbridge Hurricanes (WHL)

26. :jets Mattias Samuelsson D U.S National U18 Team (USHL)

27. :bruins Isac Lundestrom C Lulea HF (SHL)

28. :caps Grigori Denisenko LW Loko Yaroslavl (MHL)

29. :nashville Serron Noel RW Oshwawa Generals (OHL)

30. :bolts Alexander Alexeyev D Red Deer Rebels (WHL)

31. :vegas Jonny Tychonick D Penticton Vees (BCHL)

Last edited:

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
I can't see the scenario where the Isles take Smith over Bouchard . . . we are filled with smaller, agile defense prospects. We need the Hamonic-type from 3 years ago and Bouchard fits that much better.

Also kind of think Lundestrom and Kupari would be a more likely pick instead of McBain. We're starting to draft offense more from skating ability anyway and the team needs to take Europeans more seriously. Enough of the OJHL types.

What would you think is likely for us with the 2 second's?

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Feb 18, 2017
I can't see the scenario where the Isles take Smith over Bouchard . . . we are filled with smaller, agile defense prospects. We need the Hamonic-type from 3 years ago and Bouchard fits that much better.

Also kind of think Lundestrom and Kupari would be a more likely pick instead of McBain. We're starting to draft offense more from skating ability anyway and the team needs to take Europeans more seriously. Enough of the OJHL types.

What would you think is likely for us with the 2 second's?
I think they should keep adding young defense-man to their pool whether it's a Adam Ginning, Xavier Bouchard or any defender who's available. With the Calgary pick maybe add a guy like Eggenberger, or Olofsson if their available still, and if not maybe draft another defender. Also the thing about Smith, and McBain, Smith and Bouchard were a toss-up, I just went with Smith cause he's ranked higher on my rankings, same with McBain over Kupari and Lundestrom. All of them are solid prospects imo.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Descriptions only for the top 5?

Also please stop with Tkachuk to the Canucks, too many times. Give me the best defender available (Dahlin, Boqvist, Dobson, Hughes, Bouchard, Smith, Wilde in that order)

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Feb 18, 2017
Descriptions only for the top 5?

Also please stop with Tkachuk to the Canucks, too many times. Give me the best defender available (Dahlin, Boqvist, Dobson, Hughes, Bouchard, Smith, Wilde in that order)
I was being lazy with the descriptions since I did this mock draft during my lunch at work.

Also with the choice to put Tkachuk over Dobson, I just thought the Nucks would choose Tkachuk rather than one of those defenders, since they missed out on Dahlin and Boqvist, but I'm not saying it would be a bad pick to choose Dobson over Tkachuk, I just thought they would not wanna pass on another Tkachuk again just for him to go to another division rival lol.

Reactions: Oseductive

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
I was being lazy with the descriptions since I did this mock draft during my lunch at work.

Also with the choice to put Tkachuk over Dobson, I just thought the Nucks would choose Tkachuk rather than one of those defenders, since they missed out on Dahlin and Boqvist, but I'm not saying it would be a bad pick to choose Dobson over Tkachuk, I just thought they would not wanna pass on another Tkachuk again just for him to go to another division rival lol.
Yep, that’s the Benning fear that he will take another Tkachuk because we already missed on 2. I really really hope it doesn’t happen, so many better players on the board.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad