Viking Cup Rosters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy Flaming

Other than Team USA, has anyone seen any of the rosters for the upcoming Viking Cup tournament in Camrose, AB Canada?

It appears as though I will be part of the online broadcast team covering the event so I'm just trying to do some research.

Need the line ups for the U18 teams from Finland, Slovakia, Switzerland and Germany, Northern Alberta and Southern Alberta AJHL All Star Teams.

Alter Haudegen

Dec 7, 2004
Guy Flaming said:
Much appreciated. Anything you can tell me about any of the players would be great too. Are you associated with the team?

No, sorry! I'm sitting in Austria. I just had too much time and thought I could help with the German language websites. ;)
Team Germany hasn't announced its roster but this is the team that played the International Tournament in Prievidza, SVK in November. I don't think they will change the team for the Vikings Cup except for injuries.

Alter Haudegen

Dec 7, 2004
Actually, I think the top players on the Swiss team are Arnaud JACQUEMET, a power forward, who plays for Biel in the NLB (the second highest senior division) and who is probably the top 88 born Swiss player and Luca ****I, a 89 born player who is widely considered as the greatest swiss talent of the last few years. His play is still raw and he has deficits especially in his physical play but he is a great skater and has a very good hockey sens.

Oh, and Andrej Bykov is the son of Slava Bykov. CSB has him ranked as the fifth best Swiss prospect for next years draft but with 5'8'' and 154 lbs he is rather small.

derbyfan

Nov 23, 2002
Visit site
I really wish they had stuck with the Jr. A league all-star teams in Canada.
BCHL, AJHL, SJHL, MJHL, rather than this "north" and "south" AJHL team.
Anyone know why other leagues aren't competing?
It's going to be pretty tough to knock off that American team, with the best from all their junior leagues combined...

Vinland

Dec 3, 2004
King of Vinland
derbyfan said:
I really wish they had stuck with the Jr. A league all-star teams in Canada.
BCHL, AJHL, SJHL, MJHL, rather than this "north" and "south" AJHL team.
Anyone know why other leagues aren't competing?
It's going to be pretty tough to knock off that American team, with the best from all their junior leagues combined...

They wouldn't agree to age restrictions.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
Guy - Could you post the rosters that aren't already listed here if you get the chance? Thanks.

hameenlinna

Aug 10, 2005
Team Finland U18

http://www.finhockey.fi/taustasivut/artikkeliarkisto/?num=175386

G
1 Hovinen Niko JOKERIT
30 Helenius Riku ILVES

D
3 Heikkinen Eetu ÄSSÄT
4 Malkamäki Miko TAPPARA
5 Luukkainen Mika TPS
6 Kukkonen Mikko KALPA