OT: Video Game Thread

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
We had one of these awhile ago, so I figured I’d bring it back. I just wrapped up Jedi Fallen Order for the first time, and started on 2018 Spider-Man Remastered.

I’ve also been sporadically playing Control, but it hasn’t been able to keep my attention; I don’t really get the hype around it. Otherwise, I’m looking forward to The Show releasing next week. What’s everyone been playing lately?

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Sunk a tremendous amount of time into Valheim. Since then I've been rotating between Rocket League and Crusader Kings 3. Looking forward to the new TMNT arcade style game coming out soon and of course the next Resident Evil installment in May (I think).

BarzyClub

Jan 17, 2018
For years I only played nhl games - 20 minutes tops just to get my fix.

It took a pandemic and 5 years to finally finish Bloodborne and am glad I did. Great game.

Decided to delve into the Souls series further with Dark Souls ( just finished it).
Started Demon’s Souls a while back but got frustrated and now I may pick it up again before continuing on with the Souls series.

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
I haven’t played games in a a few months. There really hasn’t been anything that’s come out in the last 6 months that I’m into. Last newish game I played was The Last of Us 2. Great story and fun to play. Loved the first one too. Aside from that, I replay Red Dead Redemption 2. I have an ungoldly amount of hours sunk into that game. Days Gone and Horizon Zero Dawn were also great games if you’re looking to invest some time in playing

Zeeker

Feb 15, 2016
Sunk a tremendous amount of time into Valheim. Since then I've been rotating between Rocket League and Crusader Kings 3. Looking forward to the new TMNT arcade style game coming out soon and of course the next Resident Evil installment in May (I think).
Not a huge gamer variety-wise, but I’ve been playing Rocket League pretty consistently since 2016, probably about 1.5k hours if I had to estimate. I still suck, but it’s one of the only games that feels like a true sport, literally no RNG, with an infinite skill ceiling.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
Not a huge gamer variety-wise, but I’ve been playing Rocket League pretty consistently since 2016, probably about 1.5k hours if I had to estimate. I still suck, but it’s one of the only games that feels like a true sport, literally no RNG, with an infinite skill ceiling.
I probably haven't played a video game since before you were born (ok boomer), but I hear my son is pretty good at rocket league. His brother tells me he's almost pro level. Hard to believe there's such a thing, but whatever.

Reactions: PK Cronin

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I used to play a lot more games than I have in the last couple years. I guess my ability to play twitch type games has diminished, so I tried Doom Eternal and hated it. I finished Assassins Creed: Valhalla and enjoyed it. I've been playing Grim Dawn off and on. I play Slay The Spire and Darkest Dungeon pretty regularly. I'll log onto Battlefield 1 once in a while and camp snipe people, mostly because I'm a big WWI buff and enjoy the setting.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
I haven’t played games in a a few months. There really hasn’t been anything that’s come out in the last 6 months that I’m into. Last newish game I played was The Last of Us 2. Great story and fun to play. Loved the first one too. Aside from that, I replay Red Dead Redemption 2. I have an ungoldly amount of hours sunk into that game. Days Gone and Horizon Zero Dawn were also great games if you’re looking to invest some time in playing
HZD is fantastic. One of my favorites this past gen and the sequel is a huge reason I got a PS5. Are the issues with Days Gone fixed from launch?

islesfan186

YES! YES! YES!
Jul 5, 2012
Tennessee
HZD is fantastic. One of my favorites this past gen and the sequel is a huge reason I got a PS5. Are the issues with Days Gone fixed from launch?
I was one of the lucky ones that didn’t have any game breaking glitches, but yes, many of the issues that plagued the game at launch have been patched. Still some frame rate issues, but since you have a PS5, you can play it on that and it’ll probably be super smooth. I’m also super stoked for the sequel, but I’m holding off on getting a PS5 until more games that I would want to be interested in come out

Reactions: Lame Lambert

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
I remember my Intellivision. I also remember secretly being disappointed that it wasn't an Atari, but I would firmly preach that Intellivision was so much better than the Atari. Haha.
Used to love intellivision as a kid. Didn’t last long as my father got pissed when my brother and I got into a fight over the hockey game well that resulted into the intellivision going bye bye forever.

Reactions: PWJunior

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

I'm mid-platinum level, so I'm not that good either. I did manage to win a Diamond level tournament once and not be horribly out of place though!

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Brent Gilchrist on NHL 94 was da bomb.

upload_2021-3-31_9-8-13.png

I will beat anyone in NFL Blitz on N64

Reactions: BarzyClub

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Didn’t play to much video games as a kid as my generation was out playing sports or playing games like man hunt kick the can etc. Now days kids I think play way too much video games or are on the internet too much.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Used to love playing hockey and football on Intellivision. Do the kids still use those?

Always had to pick the Giants or Bears in football . Mike Singletary and LT were the fastest players in the league and made every tackle ..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad