OT: Video Game Thread Part VIII

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
I played it with my daughter on the weekend. It's fine for a few quick matches. I mean, it's free, and you can definitely have some fun playing it.

I definitely wouldn't buy the game tho. I pretty much had my fix after the weekend.

Man, you say that but before you know it you and 5 friends have created a club and are discussing strategies all day over WhatsApp then playing every night and being mad at how crap the game is.

It's so frustratingly close to good. Like if they skipped 25 (which we all know will just be a re-skin of 24) and make some real improvements for release in 26, they could have a really good game.

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
i think i would enjoy Helldivers 2 ...if i didn't dislike people so much..lemme play single player like or with bots lol

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Nice number

tumblr_mxlakhZSJn1t61iqno1_500.gif

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I did not miss WL. Never sweated so much for 11 wins and fodder red cards. 5 backs and full presses for 90 minutes.

I thought morning WL would be easier. There are some demons on at 8:30. :laugh:
It was a nightmare. :laugh: More toxic ratting than usual and the DDA was absolutely batshit insane.

Could’ve been 14-6 but my internet went out mid-game.

My rewards were shit too. You get anything good? I saved my packs for Friday but my red TOTS picks were shitty.

Reactions: FLYguy3911

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
It was a nightmare. :laugh: More toxic ratting than usual and the DDA was absolutely batshit insane.

Could’ve been 14-6 but my internet went out mid-game.

My rewards were shit too. You get anything good? I saved my packs for Friday but my red TOTS picks were shitty.
Nope. Packed that English CM that sailed the PK in the stands this weekend about five times. Saving the big packs. The Live cards are kinda buns outside of the guys that you’ll never pack.

iceman42

May 7, 2003
Enfield, NH
i think i would enjoy Helldivers 2 ...if i didn't dislike people so much..lemme play single player like or with bots lol
Its not been as bad as I thought. A buddy and I play every Wednesday, we just finished Remnant2, and decided to give Helldivers 2 a try.

I was worried it was going to be GTA or Red Dead Online. I've only had one idiot and he was an easy kick from the group. Ive only run into the rare level 1-2-3 who accidently wipes the mission.

He and I dont usually play with people we dont know due to asshole potential and we dont want to ruin our one night of freedom. But its actually been fun, sometimes we run a few drops with the same group and other times were one and done.

You can do solo if you like, you just have to change your social settings.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Hades II Technical Test is such a great time

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Is FF XVI worth a buy?

I played the demo last June and liked it but had to tackle my backlog first. It’s got 2 DLC’s that came out recently too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad