OT: Video Game Thread Part VIII

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I’ve played a couple Co-OP games with random people on the Show the last few nights.

It’s been kind of fun even though I have basically no patience. I don’t get how people watch 10-15 pitches without swinging. I get too ancy.
200w.gif

• Haha
Reactions: SnS

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
The Witcher 3 is an incredible game. Took me awhile to get used to the combat. That’s the only quibble I have with it though. Everything else is top notch. Story, characters, main quests, side quests, & the choices impacting the story are all phenomenal.

***Yes, I know I’m 9 years late on this lol.***

I’ve only scratched the surface so far and I think I may even go for the platinum on this. It’s that good that I won’t mind sinking 100+ hours into this.
the combat is what kills the game for me

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
the combat is what kills the game for me

The key for me with it has been to remember to hit twice then dodge and run away lol. And to remember to use signs to help whittle down tough enemies health bars

Reactions: trostol

denominator

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
Agreed with what FLYguy said. Clubs 6s is good if you have a decent team (or even just is a solid group of guys to dick around with) and best if you have a semi-competent goalie. They did introduce drop-in options so you can queue up as a single and get added to a club on a one-off basis, which is cool.

Be A Pro is exactly the same as 23, Franchise mode barely changed, HUT is an even worse cashgrab than ever, and there are some other modes I haven't bothered to touch beyond grabbing the free easy achievements.

Right now is the time to play WOC though - player pool is the highest it's been since October and it's only going to die over the summer again.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I have a chel e-sports caliber friend who calls current-gen chel "warping without initiation." It cracks me up because if you play the game at a decent level it makes perfect sense. It's just about your ability to lose the puck 1v1 and pick it back up constantly because you animate faster on a better connection to their garbage servers. There's not much skill to it. Just hold sprint, make a couple zig-zag cuts, and hungry hungry hippo the puck in unbalanced game physics. Just crap arcade hockey.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
There is sadly a real long laundry list of problems with how the physics, controls, AI and randomness works. They just never get it right and it's not profitable on their end to give a shit either.

Reactions: SnS

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
@FLYguy3911 packs are insane right now. Got 5 TOTS live cards already, including tradable 92 Santos and 90 Hincapie (almost guaranteed to get a +2 with Leverkusen).

Also doing the Havertz SBC for sure.

I haven't pulled any other than a fodder 88 from the free pack . Haven't opened the juicers yet though. Currently working my way through 80 packs. One 85 squad in on Havertz. :laugh:

Btw EA is so slimy. Released that Havertz two days after the 100k evo.

Reactions: Striiker

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I haven't pulled any other than a fodder 88 from the free pack . Haven't opened the juicers yet though. Currently working my way through 80 packs. One 85 squad in on Havertz. :laugh:

Btw EA is so slimy. Released that Havertz two days after the 100k evo.
Yeah, everyone’s saying that about the evo. :laugh: This card seems nuts though. Looks very similar to last years Jude TOTS. Got 8 of 10 segments done already.

I’ve only opened some of my 83x packs and below. None of my 84 or above and I still have a handful of 83x10s. Waiting for Premier League and Bundesliga for everything good.

Apparently weekend league is absolutely insane right now, so I’m going to wait until the sweats are done. In the mean time I’m watching Zwe and praying for his downfall with every fiber of my being.

Last edited:
Reactions: FLYguy3911

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
So, Dead Cells is practically impossible. In no way does this feel, in any reasonable way, balanced. Melee, Ranges Combat, doesn’t matter. It’s f*** you hard. I’m puzzled

****Edit***let frustration get the better of me. Finally made some progress lol***

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
I didn’t know MLB added players to collections as the year goes on. It was bad enough I’m missing the crazy expensive players and now they added more to make me go even crazier.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
One 85 squad in on Havertz. :laugh:
Finished him and seems pretty good so far, although I’ve only used him in three ultra-sweaty WL games so it’s hard to tell.

I’ve been using him as a CM with an engine chem style. He’s a little weird to dribble with… kinda feels like a more agile flashback Davies. Pinged pass+ is amazing though.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Finished him and seems pretty good so far, although I’ve only used him in three ultra-sweaty WL games so it’s hard to tell.

I’ve been using him as a CM with an engine chem style. He’s a little weird to dribble with… kinda feels like a more agile flashback Davies. Pinged pass+ is amazing though.
Yeah he fits like 10 chem styles. Depends how you want to use him. I used anchor on his 87 because it made him mostly lengthy.

Basic might actually work for him. :laugh:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah he fits like 10 chem styles. Depends how you want to use him. I used anchor on his 87 because it made him mostly lengthy.

Basic might actually work for him. :laugh:
Oh... my stupid ass hasn't even been paying attention to if my players are lengthy/controlled/explosive. :laugh: Probably something I should look at...

How are you planning to use him? CM or LB?

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Oh... my stupid ass hasn't even been paying attention to if my players are lengthy/controlled/explosive. :laugh: Probably something I should look at...

How are you planning to use him? CM or LB?
He's probably too good to waste at fullback right now so probably in the midfield. He has finesse shot too. Do they still fly in without a shooting boost?

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
He's probably too good to waste at fullback right now so probably in the midfield. He has finesse shot too. Do they still fly in without a shooting boost?
I have no clue. Haven't used him enough, or anyone else with finesse+ for that matter.

Honestly, I'm looking at the chem styles on futbin and almost every damn one looks good, depending on how you want to use him. :laugh: I might need to test out a bunch.

Luckily it looks like he'll be getting the +2 as well. Arsenal just need 1 win and 6 goals in their next 3 games.

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
is NHL 24 worth playing even for free?

I played it with my daughter on the weekend. It's fine for a few quick matches. I mean, it's free, and you can definitely have some fun playing it.

I definitely wouldn't buy the game tho. I pretty much had my fix after the weekend.

Reactions: trostol

flyersnorth

Oct 7, 2019
Just reached 100 hours in BG3, and I'm about halfway through Act 2, I think. I definitely take my time and explore absolutely everything.

Anyone here finish the game? How long did it take you?

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
Having fun with fallout new Vegas but can’t get past unintentionally sniping rather than going with the build I decided on and Helldivers 2. Still getting the hang at that one.

• Wow

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad