OT: Video Game Thread Part VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young Sandwich

Trout & Hockey
Sponsor
Dec 13, 2015
Outerspace
Don’t worry. Halo Infinite is going to come out soon. It will probably also suck. But we haven’t been robbed of our hope yet. Besides, nothing can be worse than BF: 2042.
6a4.png

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Is the time to kill so short just because the guns are OP as hell? 1 shot BARs and 2 shot STG depending on attachments? Just seems like I'm gonna get sick of this game in a week.
It’s feels identical to Hardcore on other games. I have no clue what they were thinking but it needs to be changed.

Not to mention the SBMM has me with kids who think they’re going pro.

If they don’t make changes people are just going to bail and play Warzone exclusively, like most did with the last two games.

Reactions: Hurricane28

Lord Defect

Secretary of Blowtorching
Nov 13, 2013
For me it was huddling around an electrical outlet in the corner of a gymnasium during wrestling tournaments. All-time classic.
Somewhere between 93-95 I got a sega Genesis for Christmas. Greatest gift ever. I was stoked. The next gift I opened was mortal Kombat!! For the sega game gear. So disappointed, but we went to toys r us after opening presents and exchanged it.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Somewhere between 93-95 I got a sega Genesis for Christmas. Greatest gift ever. I was stoked. The next gift I opened was mortal Kombat!! For the sega game gear. So disappointed, but we went to toys r us after opening presents and exchanged it.
The Christmas classics! I never owned a Game Boy or Game Gear and to this day I don't really know why. Always wanted one and from age like 5-high school we spent most weekends at some kind of wrestling tournament somewhere in NJ and drove to Florida from NJ multiple times. There was no shortage of console video games and we had a TON of those dumb Tiger LCD handheld ones (which I also just bought a new one for my son for Christmas haha). The best part about having a kid is buying him all the dumb stuff you would have wanted when you were a kid. I am really looking forward to playing with the fart machine I got my son this year.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
The Christmas classics! I never owned a Game Boy or Game Gear and to this day I don't really know why. Always wanted one and from age like 5-high school we spent most weekends at some kind of wrestling tournament somewhere in NJ and drove to Florida from NJ multiple times. There was no shortage of console video games and we had a TON of those dumb Tiger LCD handheld ones (which I also just bought a new one for my son for Christmas haha). The best part about having a kid is buying him all the dumb stuff you would have wanted when you were a kid. I am really looking forward to playing with the fart machine I got my son this year.
Truth. 80% of toys fathers give their sons are things they want to play with.
That may be why I went overboard on buying nerf stuff for “them” randomly a few weeks back. 3 kids, and we have something like 12 nerf guns.

DayoftheGreek

Dec 10, 2008
I spent way to much time on Shining Force. I also have memories of the game being very glitchy and nothing making sense, or I was too young to understand the class system.

Reactions: Lord Defect

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
I was traveling from NJ to NC every weekend one summer for baseball and I forget how we did it, but I was able to hook up my PS2 in the car to play NCAA Football. Boy was that a life saver. That drive is the worst.
Never driven, across Kansas, I,m assuming.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
My family used to drive from PA to Florida every year. And then back, obviously.

Best part? I hated Florida so I didn’t even have anything to look forward to.

I’d rather die than do it again.

Reactions: Lord Defect

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Love Florida.

How come every time I try to play Domination by myself, I get thrown into the middle of the match with my team down 100 while getting spawn trapped?
Because someone just left and you have to fill that space. Duh.

That's part of the reason I can't play by myself anymore. 3/5 times I get tossed into a match already half over getting clown pounded.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I was traveling from NJ to NC every weekend one summer for baseball and I forget how we did it, but I was able to hook up my PS2 in the car to play NCAA Football. Boy was that a life saver. That drive is the worst.
I did this on the drive down to Florida once. My dad and brother drove the whole way in the front and I laid across the back seat with FIFA set up on the "DVD Player" screen.

That was the life.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I still haven't played Dome since Friday. Granted I took a couple days off. Castle rarely comes up for me either. Why is there no map voting in this one?

Reactions: Striiker

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
also steam deck was delayed. I have zero interest in getting it since I just got the Legion 5 Pro but I love tech stuff so was curious how it would go

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
I spent way to much time on Shining Force. I also have memories of the game being very glitchy and nothing making sense, or I was too young to understand the class system.
I LOVED the second game growing up as a kid. It’s been on quite a few rereleases, including cellphone app stores. It doesn’t really hold up.

Lord Defect

Nov 13, 2013
My wife is afraid to fly again after a bad turbulence experience, so I’ve driven to Florida a few times, to boston, to Chicago, to Cincinnati, and a few other places that my dumbass brain cannot remember offhand. I hate driving now.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
I did this on the drive down to Florida once. My dad and brother drove the whole way in the front and I laid across the back seat with FIFA set up on the "DVD Player" screen.

That was the life.
To loop my I hate Disneyworld post into this, we'd go to Florida every summer and would drive down. We had a conversion van, which had a TV in it. We'd hook the playstation up to the TV and play the entire drive down. It made the ride down pretty tolerable

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami

My family did that drive in reverse 3-4 times a summer when I was a kid. It's absolutely brutal. We didn't have any fancy car tvs, so my sister and I had to entertain ourselves. Hell, we didn't even have gameboys. Many times we just wound up putting our pillows over our heads and having boxing matches in the back seat.

I still have a Pavlovian response if I'm riding in a car for longer than an hour or so, and I get extremely sleepy, since that's usually how I wound up spending time on those trips. Which can be somewhat problematic if I'm the person driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad