Islanders Point Blank: Video: DP on this years Isles

scott99

May 13, 2005
Good stuff. I really think he can be an excellent hockey analyst. I would love to see him with Howie and put Butchie back in the studio (where he excels).

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
Good stuff. I really think he can be an excellent hockey analyst. I would love to see him with Howie and put Butchie back in the studio (where he excels).

I agree - he's been excellent in what I've heard on ESPNRadio as well.

As this team does finally start to legitimize itself with its play it would be great to have DP have a role somewhere with the organization. There was a long stretch where he was the only one who wanted to be part of it. Injuries denied him (and us) the opportunity to see it through.

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
Seriously, what's the infatuation with him? Just seems like the Isles years were sooooo bad, he was a glimmer of hope, but in the end fell way short of doing anything magical for him to be revered. US Olympic goaltender, ok, great accomplishment. Did they win a Gold with him? He was an All-Star, so was Scott Lachance.

Oh...yes, he was Mr. "I want to play on Long Island forever" guy that was so rare. Wasn't he essentially the pre-Tavares in that he could be the face of a resurrected franchise, except JT will be THAT guy, and not him.

Injuries happen to all players. Nature of the business.

Islanderfan17

Aug 24, 2010
Seriously, what's the infatuation with him? Just seems like the Isles years were sooooo bad, he was a glimmer of hope, but in the end fell way short of doing anything magical for him to be revered. US Olympic goaltender, ok, great accomplishment. Did they win a Gold with him? He was an All-Star, so was Scott Lachance.

Oh...yes, he was Mr. "I want to play on Long Island forever" guy that was so rare. Wasn't he essentially the pre-Tavares in that he could be the face of a resurrected franchise, except JT will be THAT guy, and not him.

Injuries happen to all players. Nature of the business.

Why hate the guy though? I think most of us are just happy he's found something else to do with his life that's he's decent at and that he can support our team in the process.

GusTheo

Sep 14, 2011
It's not hate, it's just move on already.

Maybe we are the ones moving on by putting all that negativity behind us and being able to appreciate a guy at a time when no one wanted to be apart of the organization, he wanted to be the face of it. Maybe it's you that needs to move on because you sound bitter.

I def would love to see him back with the organization on some capacity.

Isles Junkie

Jul 4, 2008
Brooklyn, NY

this will happen. not a doubt in my mind, but replace howie with king. Howie is going to take the Rangers job as soon as it's available, and I assume it's going to be available within 2 years.

King & DiPietro will be a great tandem.

JohnTonelliRises

Tonelli Approves↑
Sep 29, 2006
Connecticut
this will happen. not a doubt in my mind, but replace howie with king. Howie is going to take the Rangers job as soon as it's available, and I assume it's going to be available within 2 years.

King & DiPietro will be a great tandem.

It wouldn't be an offer to scoff at, but I don't see Howie taking the job with the Rangers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad