[VID] Have Another Donut

• Thread starter M A K A V E L I*
  • Start date

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
Runs, shots, exc. Call them what you want to. The Canucks are picking on Couture and he is responding to it.

To be fair, Couture does the whiplash move a lot. It drives me nuts sometimes. He is an embellisher. You will never hear me say Couture is a bad @$$. He's not. He is a goal scorer and as a Sharks fan I have to support that.

And you don't think Sedins get treated same if not worse?

RDRR

Sep 26, 2009
Runs, shots, exc. Call them what you want to. The Canucks are picking on Couture and he is responding to it.

To be fair, Couture does the whiplash move a lot. It drives me nuts sometimes. He is an embellisher. You will never hear me say Couture is a bad @$$. He's not. He is a goal scorer and as a Sharks fan I have to support that.

You missed what I was driving at.

Anything that is happening to Couture has happened to us against Boston and LA. They got away with it. You can't complain.

And you don't think Sedins get treated same if not worse?

This. If the reffing standard set in this series sticks, you guys should be fine. But if the refs put away their whistles, there are much nastier teams than Vancouver out there.

TheDiver*

the officiating has been fine, and the only reason people are *****ing about it is because the team is down 3-0. there is obviously going to be the element of human error present, but that is the nature of the game and sports in general. you want to see bad officiating? bring in some refs from overseas or some from the minor pro leagues. these guys are the best in the business and they are in the NHL for a reason

The powerplays are 17-7.

And I like how you ignore EVERY clip in the video as if they didn't happen.

I guess you're "sweep it under the rug" guy.

RDRR

Sep 26, 2009
The powerplays are 17-7.

He's a guy that wants other teams fans to like him.

He was the first to mention the Sedins in a thread about diving on the main board a while back.

Kind of funny how it's only the Sharks diving this series.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Canucks don't dive or whine anymore than any other team. I have not seen Kesler or Burrows engage in any more antics over the course of their career than the Sharks players have in the two recent series we've played them.

Canucks have cut down on the embellishment after getting slammed in the media for it. How do they get rewarded? By seeing the other team given PPs for their dives and embellishments while legitimate calls against them are ignored.

VeteranNetPresence

Disco Super Fly.
Dec 8, 2011
Vancouver
The powerplays are 17-7.

i thought people didn't like game management from the refs? oh i forgot, they only dislike it when the calls don't go in their teams favour

He's a guy that wants other teams fans to like him.
i don't really care who agrees with me, canuck fan or not. it's an opinion- not everyone is going to have similar views

Last edited:

QuickDynamite

Jul 3, 2004
Abu Dhabi
I am so tired of these corrupt referee scum bags. And their puppet master overlord Count Chocula. This same garbage happens year in year out with the Canucks. I'm not surprised. I've really given up on caring about this corrupt NHL. We should have won the Cup back in 2011 and it was stolen from us. This year is a different story we just plain suck. But the refs have been **** too so we really don't stand a chance. Its like the Canadian teams just never win the Stanley Cup anymore what a coincidence!

People should just stop supporting this product. Its fixed. In fact all professional sports need to just put in instant replay already and take the power out of these paid off referees hands I've had it with these criminals ruining the game over $.Think about it - there's a reason why they don't even really use instant replay even though the technology is there. But people will believe what they want in their little fantasy world it couldn't possibly be true people wouldn't do that! **** off.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
refs in this series have been terrible no doubt, but let's not pretend that the canucks are among the most disciplined teams in the league...in fact i'd say that discipline has been a problem for av-coached canuck teams in the playoffs since the 2010 second round loss to chicago which unraveled in catastrophic fashion

one of a whole host of areas a new coach could improve

CanadianPirate

Apr 17, 2007
refs in this series have been terrible no doubt, but let's not pretend that the canucks are among the most disciplined teams in the league...in fact i'd say that discipline has been a problem for av-coached canuck teams in the playoffs since the 2010 second round loss to chicago which unraveled in catastrophic fashion

Discipline is certainly a problem but I think the Canucks are also having a hell of a time trying to figure out what is ok in the playoffs and what isn't. There are series like the Bruins, Kings, and even the Blackhawks in 2009-10 where they did a hell of a lot more against the Canucks than the Canucks have done against the Sharks and absolutely nothing was called. The Canucks then attempted to switch to that brand of hockey because they seem to think that's what wins the cup and then this happens.:laugh: Damned if you do damned if you don't.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
Discipline is certainly a problem but I think the Canucks are also having a hell of a time trying to figure out what is ok in the playoffs and what isn't. There are series like the Bruins, Kings, and even the Blackhawks in 2009-10 where they did a hell of a lot more against the Canucks than the Canucks have done against the Sharks and absolutely nothing was called. The Canucks then attempted to switch to that brand of hockey because they seem to think that's what wins the cup and then this happens.:laugh: Damned if you do damned if you don't.

yes. its frustating as a fan when you never know how the ref is going to call the game. The BackHawks series Bolland was allowed a free pass to slash, punch the Sedins as he wishes and never gets a call. The Canucks had to switch their style of hockey and fight back but now we don't even know how to play to the refs.

LolClarkson*

Mark Crawford wasn't big on discipline either.

A lot of hate stems from the WCE core too remember that.. Cooke, Ruutu, Burrows and Kesler in their pest years, Brad May, Bertuzzi. Even Dan Cloutier got in on the action.

Nov 1, 2011
It really doesn't matter how undisciplined we are...the penalties in our four games were so out of whack that something must have been going on.

We need to do something about it and I don't think it's something internal, it's something to do with the referees.

Also, I don't agree that we weren't good enough to win this year...we weren't good enough to beat the Sharks who were being helped by the referees, without that help, maybe we beat them, you never know.

solitary

Mar 30, 2009
This belongs on the main boards, minus the music and extra movie bits etc. Just the plays.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
This belongs on the main boards, minus the music and extra movie bits etc. Just the plays.

I doubt it's allowed. Maybe if there was a compilation video of all of the missed and blown calls of the playoffs against all teams, sorted by referees responsible. I wish I had a TV card for my PC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blue Suede Shoes

hound dog
May 5, 2012
Kesler, Burrows... can't really blame the refs that much they build that reputation themselves.
If a referee is so incompetent that he cannot watch a hockey game and call the events that occur on the ice *by the rules* then he is not qualified to referee in the NHL. If "reputation" makes him unable to call a game competently, he cannot be a pro referee. And it is ignorant to justify incompetence with a weaksauce excuse like "they have reputations". Bull ****.
Unfortunately, until the Canucks get rid of Kesler, Burrows and Lapierre that kind of stuff is going to happen.

I don't even know if the officials are doing it consciously, but the Canucks have earned a reputation, and I think there's only one way to fix it.

The team needs to make some significant changes to it's culture - starting with the coach, and then replacing the players mentioned above.

We can complain about the officials all we want, but it's pretty clear what's happening.

If we got rid of Kesler and Burrows than you guys would be complaining non-stop about "no grit, no heart, soft soft soft". Kesler plays a cleaner game than Dustin Brown and Mike Richards. In fact it's not even close. But Brown and Richards not condemned by the league.

There comes a point you have to look at the whole picture and realize that something is simply not fair. And the games we play in the playoffs are not fair. We are not given an equal opportunity to win - in fact we are constantly and blatantly sabotaged. Now whether it is sheer incompetence that unluckily goes against us, time after time after time after time... or whether there is some conscious agenda against us is another question. But the fact that it is not fair is not debatable. And it is not Kesler or Burrows or Lapierre that is the problem; it is pathetic and laughable refereeing that is the problem.

I said it before. We had no chance to win because we weren't allowed to win.

Beautiful video Makaveli. The incompetence is undeniable and the unfairness is transparent.

Hielo Grande

Nov 7, 2007
vallarta
are there any figures on how much the league loses with the canucks out of the picture? vancouver is a big market canadian city where hrr is huge. an empty arena kills hrr and the big market is lost thanks to the refs. can the team bill the referee association for lost revenue? hmmm

oh and yes, excellent video

Last edited:

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Any so called 'reputation' is BS. If I recall correctly this originated two years in the Chicago series, those incidents where Kesler snapped his head back and (???) chicken winged a stick to get a hooking penalty. CBC was all over that with their in depth analysis, talking about how the refs don't like to be made fools of, and we did actually start to see some real consequences.

Two reasons why this is ******** though...

First, have you ever seen this standard applied to another team? For example just from our own most recent series against San Jose you had Couture throwing himself into the boards and Thornton faking an injury on the wrong wrist to draw penalties. Annnd nothing, no one said a peep and the refs didn't start acting any differently.

Second, that was two years ago. After those playoffs the Canucks cleaned up their act and toned it down. So why are they still under scrutiny? After this long it no longer becomes a matter of living under a 'deserved reputation' but rather an unfair vendetta from the other side.

Nov 1, 2011
Second, that was two years ago. After those playoffs the Canucks cleaned up their act and toned it down. So why are they still under scrutiny? After this long it no longer becomes a matter of living under a 'deserved reputation' but rather an unfair vendetta from the other side.

That the discussion in the Kelly Sutherland thread.

If you determine that it's just a vandetta from the other side:

1) Who is the other side? Referees, NHL?
2) What do you do about it?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3