[Vid] Embellishment City (MOD WARNING IN OP)

• Thread starter M A K A V E L I*
  • Start date

M A K A V E L I*

MOD WARNING:

This video is not to be posted on the Main Boards, nor is to be posted on the Boston Boards. Anyone caught doing either will be subject to an infraction for Trolling. We as Canuck fans can enjoy this here.

Claude Julien had a pretty funny press conference after the Montreal game yesterday. :)

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
funny stuff as usual. It was brutally honest of Julian to read the riot act to his own team like that. Guy is clearly embarrassed by his own players. :sarcasm:

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
Hahaha, great stuff. I'm all for bashing refs, who seem to suck everywhere this season, but this guy has to be the biggest hypocrite in the league.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
I will say, normally I hate Jack Edwards cause of his insane Bruins bias but his call on that Thornton dive in that video was awesome.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
I will say, normally I hate Jack Edwards cause of his insane Bruins bias but his call on that Thornton dive in that video was awesome.

You would think so... But that's because MAK did such a good job editing it ;). Was a call from a different play.

sk8er

Nov 8, 2008
Hahahaha! I had to watch that twice! Then to look at julien sitting there looking so self righteous and pious!!
That makes me sick! And yet, they don't have the reputation of being divers!! What the hell?

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Sports fandom is completely irrational. And to an extent, so are the athletes and sports personnel themselves.

I can't say much about the "history" of hockey since I'm a relatively new fan but in soccer it is very common for fanbases and the media to single out certain players and teams as particualrly dirty, diving, cheating, etc. while others remain in good graces for a long time. Of course players and coaches try to stir trouble themselves all the time, either in response to the irrationality surrounding them or simply as a way to reassure themselves of their own superiority.

It hasn't changed ever since I was born; the only difference being that with the internet, the "cycle of stupidity" runs much faster and reaches a lot more people.

Hockey seems to be ran the same way but at least players and fans of teams on the hot seat are safe. Back in the home country the stupidity can be translated into very physical terms.

So I'd rather not care about my team being a heel or someone else's being a face. Not only it will change at some point, but ultimately I'm in only for the entertainment. Even if I were a player I'd acknowledge that people like to get worked over small things and brush it off. I'd only be concerned if I were in charge of PR for an NHL team.

/rant

cliffs:

-haters gonna hate
-embrace the hate
-laugh when the Canucks inevitably win the Cup

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Typical Bruins mentality. Diving is completely wrong and is the bane of our game.

But it's completely acceptable for us to dive, throw dirty hits, sucker-punch you because we're league royalty.

Yeah **** off.

crazyforhockey

Jul 31, 2007
used to really like Julien years ago

but he does spout crap.....overlooks his team...sometimes hes very calculated with his rants in diverting attention away from what his team is doing illeagley or otherwise

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
Makaveli is my e-hero. :bow:

Heart of Courage by Two Steps From Hell. One of my fave epic songs. :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: