VI. Texas Stars (AHL) Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
Watched most of the game but missed a good portion. It's also harder to evaluate players with the crappy ahl streaming.

I didn't even notice Guptill (missed both goals against stupid stream).

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
New to Stars hockey. From a quick read of this thread and from what I know about some of the guys it looks like Campbell, Ritchie, Oleksiak & Faksa are the top prospects for promotion to the big team in the next couple of years. Am I right on these 4? What about the others-who do you guys think should/could be brought up?

Saw my first game a few weeks ago, plan on catching more next year.

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
Klingberg, McKenzie and Guptill are all names to keep an eye on. Klingberg especially. We have high hopes that he can eventually become a high level PMD and PP QB.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
New to Stars hockey. From a quick read of this thread and from what I know about some of the guys it looks like Campbell, Ritchie, Oleksiak & Faksa are the top prospects for promotion to the big team in the next couple of years. Am I right on these 4? What about the others-who do you guys think should/could be brought up?

Saw my first game a few weeks ago, plan on catching more next year.

Ritchie should be up next year, imo.

Oleksiak should be the #1 D callup.

Campbell should be the #1 G callup and very off chance be the backup.

Faksa will be up in a year.

There are three guys in my opinion who should be in the running for roster spots next year.

Alex Guptill: work ethic issues but an offseason with Willie might help with that. Huge talent, but we'll see if he can get his intensity level up enough for the pros.

Curtis McKenzie: Big guy with soft hands around the net. Something Dallas sorely lacks.

John Klingberg: Great RH puck moving D. Great skater, not overly physical but he's got some talent and we hope he contributes to the org sooner rather than later.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Unless Faksa blows up next year, Nill mentioned he was 2 years away. He said that at some point this season, but I don't recall when. I just specifically remember him saying 2 years at least.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Campbell had a great game. I don't care how this SO goes ... Campbell gets another shootout, and he looks dialed in.

There's no question in my mind who the number 1 is right now, and who needs the net in the playoffs.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Probably jinxed him in the SO, but ....

Sean Shapiro ‏@seanshapiro

Campbell now has a .949 save percentage, 1.32 GAA, 4 shutouts & 12-1-2 record in 15 GP. #txstars

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
He seems to be coming along great. Maybe we won't have to worry about the time after Kari, after all.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
He seems to be coming along great. Maybe we won't have to worry about the time after Kari, after all.

Goatlender is the only roster spot we're pretty much set for. Especially with how long good ones play and how good the ones we have are.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

... and he might be the 2nd best goalie prospect in the organization. Team is very high on Desrosiers, and he's getting national attention as well.

Dallas' situation in goal couldn't be better. Great guy in the NHL, great guy in the AHL, and a very good young one that will be AHL ready in a year about the time Campbell is seriously pushing for the NHL.

Bluesoma

Jan 31, 2013
... and he might be the 2nd best goalie prospect in the organization. Team is very high on Desrosiers, and he's getting national attention as well.

Dallas' situation in goal couldn't be better. Great guy in the NHL, great guy in the AHL, and a very good young one that will be AHL ready in a year about the time Campbell is seriously pushing for the NHL.

Its amazing what a couple of years can do.

Two seasons ago we had Raycroft and Beskowany with Campbell a big question mark after a rough junior career.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Good for Campbell:

Owen Newkirk ‏@OwenNewkirk

Just discovered that Jack Campbell has broken the @TexasStars franchise shutout streak record. He has not allowed a goal in his last 172:37!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad