VHL General Discussion

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Its been a good series so far!

Howcome Rostov seem to get so few fans?
I don't know, when they used to play in the Sports Palace (an ancient building built in 60's) they used to sell out. They went on to repair the building, and you know how long things take in Russia, team started playing in it's practice facility that fits like <500 ppl and the popularity went down. In addition, Rostov is in love with women's handball and european football. The team has not bein pro for a very long time.

Reactions: Rigafan

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
I don't know, when they used to play in the Sports Palace (an ancient building built in 60's) they used to sell out. They went on to repair the building, and you know how long things take in Russia, team started playing in it's practice facility that fits like <500 ppl and the popularity went down. In addition, Rostov is in love with women's handball and european football. The team has not bein pro for a very long time.
Thanks, thats interesting to know. Shame about the facility they are using. I should have checked that before asking .

Caser

@RUSProspects
May 21, 2013
Riga/Yaroslavl
twitter.com
Isn't Norilsk a closed city?
Not in an usual definition of the closed city (like Sarov was back in its VHL days), only foreigners need to get a permission to visit it. With Norilsk the main thing is the issue with the harsh weather conditions that frequently make it unreachable, so it is likely that they will have to play somewhere else during the winter months.

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Not in an usual definition of the closed city (like Sarov was back in its VHL days), only foreigners need to get a permission to visit it. With Norilsk the main thing is the issue with the harsh weather conditions that frequently make it unreachable, so it is likely that they will have to play somewhere else during the winter months.
Interesting, thanks.

I see they have a professional futsal team there, and they do have a hockey/staking rink, but can't find any info on the size of it.

Also they have a lot of industry so finding funding would probably come easily.

Reactions: Caser

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Interesting, thanks.

I see they have a professional futsal team there, and they do have a hockey/staking rink, but can't find any info on the size of it.

Also they have a lot of industry so finding funding would probably come easily.
Funding will be from Nornickel

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
is VHL better than Allvenskanen or Mestis??

Like DEL Level??
DEL is probably closer to KHL than to VHL now.

As for Allsvenskan and Mestis, Allsvenskan is easily the best D-1 league in Europe, top teams are basically SHL quality.

Mestis is another matter, just like VHL it suffers from the cancelation of relegation/promotion system, so it probably is worse than VHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad