Half-Assed GDT: VGK STL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eldon Reid

Dec 13, 2018
Hard to when the calls are just going against you. Sunny slash was clear penalty.

But man some horribly missed calls on Vegas. I can see why Blues bench was upset.

Reactions: LogosBlue

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I turned it off after we were up 3-1 because I didn’t need to see the rest. I knew a team with Justin Faulk on it would shut the door. He had great positioning all night and no turnovers. Big win.

• Haha
Reactions: BlueOil

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
I hate to say it but this had the feeling of one of those games where we start to feel good about a great first and then forget that we have to come out and play the second.

We got worked over. Refs sucked but even without that it was a piss poor effort for the last 40.

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Peru -3 in 12 minutes of ice time. He struggles in the D zone. Parayko +2 with 23 minutes.
Our special teams are killing us . A PP goal would have made a huge difference in this one.
Yep. We take score on the PP to make it 4-1 in the 2nd and I think we see a different outcome. Something has to be done about the powerplay.

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
Their second goal was awful -- well their first one was too but Binnington at least gives a f*** unlike Kyrou and made a mistake being overly aggressive and guessing wrong. Kyrou literally just stood there while a loose puck was right in the slot in front of him and then after a weak attempt to poke at it while not taking one step just stood there again while they passed it into the slot to a wide open Eichel. I dont think he moved more than a foot during that whole sequence.

I dont mind that Kyrou isnt a selke candidate but his unwillingness to use his speed on D is pathetic and shows his low compete level. He was on a "backcheck" during a possible VGK 2-1 at one point and Leddy passed him. It wasnt because he was flat-footed when the play started either -- he was just refused to skate hard.

You just cant hide him. When a team is hemming the Blues in for over a minute he is almost always on the ice, him or Krug but again Krug at least tries to compete. Another premature DA contract we all knew would be a mistake.

Also Buch seems like he is playing with an injury. Reminds me of when I had a thumb injury and wasnt able to grip the stick tight and flubbed passes and shots constantly for a couple months and I wasnt able to get much on them either. Maybe he's just having an off year but whatever it is he's not looked the same.

I do think as a sidenote that this series could get them going. Wasnt a pretty game when you spend almost an entire period on the PK but they were playing a competitive 5v5 game with Vegas who have as much confidence as anyone right now.

Reactions: TheDizee

sbet1998

Feb 12, 2012
By now, we know what to expect this whole season. One solid game, one messed up game, over and over. Once in a while 2 good games followed by 2 poorly-played. I just hope to enjoy seeing a couple of the young players improving.
Neighbors looks legit to me. Plays a good all-around game and isnt afraid to go into the hard areas. Parayko finally looks like he's taking over the role of 1D consistently. Thomas is progressing well as a 1C. 50 looks to have found his game again. This isnt a Cup team as of now but this could lead into one in the next few years or sooner if the right moves are made and things go right.

Having a legit 1C, 1D and a GT playing at a high level makes a big difference. Now if Saad, Schenn, Buch and a few other vets actually start playing to their level with some young guys stepping up--that timeline could be moved up very quickly to this season--especially if DA could pull off a miracle at the TDL. Sounds crazy but the Blues do have a lot of good players that are still in their primes and some young talent. Im not writing off a miracle run this season just yet--as unlikely as it looks right now.

Last edited:

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
That’s a shame. Fell asleep after the 1st and they looked good. So it goes with this team…

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
Peru -3 in 12 minutes of ice time. He struggles in the D zone. Parayko +2 with 23 minutes.
Our special teams are killing us . A PP goal would have made a huge difference in this one.
Starting to look look like the final countdown before he heads for Europe….

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
The Perunovich hate from a -3 is over the top here. One minus was the first goal that Binner wants back. Another was from the Kyrou controller disconnect goal. The last one was the empty net goal.

None of them were the direct result of a glaring mistake or particularly poor play by Perunovich. He’s played 33 games in the NHL. Let get a f***ing grip people :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Drubilly

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Starting to look look like the final countdown before he heads for Europe….
I wouldn't give up on him so early. He's such a good skater that I think when he gets up to speed on use of body leverage, positioning related to the faster average skater speed in The NHL, and getting physically stronger (both body maturing and weight-lifting), he'll be able to hold his own, with slightly lower-than-average defensive play, made up for by his well-above average offensive skill (especially passing and skating up-ice to clear his zone and start the rush).

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Kyrou had another lazy effort game? I am shocked!

Their second goal was awful -- well their first one was too but Binnington at least gives a f*** unlike Kyrou and made a mistake being overly aggressive and guessing wrong. Kyrou literally just stood there while a loose puck was right in the slot in front of him and then after a weak attempt to poke at it while not taking one step just stood there again while they passed it into the slot to a wide open Eichel. I dont think he moved more than a foot during that whole sequence.

I dont mind that Kyrou isnt a selke candidate but his unwillingness to use his speed on D is pathetic and shows his low compete level. He was on a "backcheck" during a possible VGK 2-1 at one point and Leddy passed him. It wasnt because he was flat-footed when the play started either -- he was just refused to skate hard.

You just cant hide him. When a team is hemming the Blues in for over a minute he is almost always on the ice, him or Krug but again Krug at least tries to compete. Another premature DA contract we all knew would be a mistake.

Also Buch seems like he is playing with an injury. Reminds me of when I had a thumb injury and wasnt able to grip the stick tight and flubbed passes and shots constantly for a couple months and I wasnt able to get much on them either. Maybe he's just having an off year but whatever it is he's not looked the same.

I do think as a sidenote that this series could get them going. Wasnt a pretty game when you spend almost an entire period on the PK but they were playing a competitive 5v5 game with Vegas who have as much confidence as anyone right now.
He should have been traded for Tkachuk. Sadly, his contract along with a few others will not age well.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
I wouldn't give up on him so early. He's such a good skater that I think when he gets up to speed on use of body leverage, positioning related to the faster average skater speed in The NHL, and getting physically stronger (both body maturing and weight-lifting), he'll be able to hold his own, with slightly lower-than-average defensive play, made up for by his well-above average offensive skill (especially passing and skating up-ice to clear his zone and start the rush).

Good offense is the sales pitch but is it true? He's 7th of 8 D on our team in points/60 5v5. Only bortuzzo is lower. Which means scandella and Tucker are better. Our PP is atrocious in part because of his overpassing. Where is this offense to justify the bad defense? Hopefully that comes in his two more years of leash people want to give him as well as learning how to play defense before he hits 27 and we are finally allowed to give up on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad