Confirmed with Link: VGK sign D Jimmy Schuldt (St Cloud Huskies)

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
2xoiy3.jpg

This is more like a McNabb. Defensive defenseman.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
You never know until they're out there against NHL competition night in and night out.
Players don't become two time Hobey Baker finalists with poor puck handling. I'm not suggesting he'll be as good as Theodore and Schmidt at it but it's not unreasonable to think he's likely to be better than McNabb, Merrill, and Holden in that regard.

hangman005

Mark Stones Spleen
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
Players don't become two time Hobey Baker finalists with poor puck handling. I'm not suggesting he'll be as good as Theodore and Schmidt at it but it's not unreasonable to think he's likely to be better than McNabb, Merrill, and Holden in that regard.
If he can hold the puck at the blue line more than 5 times a season he tops miller :laugh:

Reactions: HanSolo

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

So then NHL flops are just a myth.....

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
So then NHL flops are just a myth.....
Like are you trying to be obtuse? Or what?

I didn't say he was definitely going to be an NHL stud. Or even an NHL player. You can have an elite attribute or even several and not have a totality of attributes enough for the NHL. Marc Andre Bergeron had a better slap shot than I'd say 90% of NHL defensemen when he was playing but he was horrible at just about everything else so he never had much of a career. Jiri Sekac had near elite puck handling and well above average passing but he had next to zero hockey IQ and was never effective on the ice. Emerson Etem at top speed was one of the fastest skaters in the NHL but he was terrible defensively, had offensive tunnel vision and had no finish. Pirri has a better shot than most players in the NHL but clearly he's struggled to stick in the NHL. Ditto for Leipsic. Excellent speed, good hands, zero finish or playmaking sense.

I can go on and on but the point is being better than other players at one area of the game is not dispositive of being a stud or even regular NHL player. So you can chill with the facetiousness.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Was he the top rated free agent available?

And Gusev the top rated player not in the NHL?

This team could be better even with losing Eakin and Smith/Marchessault. Who would both return value.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Was he the top rated free agent available?

And Gusev the top rated player not in the NHL?

This team could be better even with losing Eakin and Smith/Marchessault. Who would both return value.
Gusev is probably gonna ask for more money than Smith and Marchy get.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Like are you trying to be obtuse? Or what?

I didn't say he was definitely going to be an NHL stud. Or even an NHL player. You can have an elite attribute or even several and not have a totality of attributes enough for the NHL. Marc Andre Bergeron had a better slap shot than I'd say 90% of NHL defensemen when he was playing but he was horrible at just about everything else so he never had much of a career. Jiri Sekac had near elite puck handling and well above average passing but he had next to zero hockey IQ and was never effective on the ice. Emerson Etem at top speed was one of the fastest skaters in the NHL but he was terrible defensively, had offensive tunnel vision and had no finish. Pirri has a better shot than most players in the NHL but clearly he's struggled to stick in the NHL. Ditto for Leipsic. Excellent speed, good hands, zero finish or playmaking sense.

I can go on and on but the point is being better than other players at one area of the game is not dispositive of being a stud or even regular NHL player. So you can chill with the facetiousness.

Not being obtuse. Just dont want to count unhatched chickens.

Last edited:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Gusev is probably gonna ask for more money than Smith and Marchy get.

I guess we would see next year if he was worth a big contract but the team seems pretty well set up for success with the current lineup and some young players almost at the NHL level.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Not being obtuse. Just dont want to count unhatched chickens.
Well then maybe pay attention to what I'm saying. I didn't say he'd be better than any of those players I said he'd likely be better at one aspect of the game based on his numbers, reputation, and being a Hobey Baker finalist twice.

I explicitly said "in that regard" for a reason.

Edit: hell another example: Cody Glass is already a better passer than most of our players. I still want him to spend time in the AHL.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad