Confirmed Trade: [VGK/NSH] Alexei Emelin (29% retained) for 2019 3rd round pick

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Man, Vegas is really stocking up on those 2019 and 2020 picks. That team is going to suck for quite a long time.

Nice add for Nashville.

McPhee just bought a '19 3rd rounder for 1.2M cash and opportunity to draft Jacob De La Rose??

Sound judgement... glad this guy isn't spending my money!!

Tender Rip

Wears long pants
Feb 12, 2007
Shanghai, China
Am I missing something? Vegas helps out Montreal picking a relatively poor contract rather than anything useful, then turn around and make that contract decent for Nashville for a 3rd down the road?

So effectively they paid 29% of Emelin for a 3rd?

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
Emelin for all intents and purposes was very good on our top pairing with Weber for about 60% of the season. His play fell off a cliff towards the end which I think was due to personal reasons, I'm not sure.

GMGM did a good job selecting the best available player in the ED from Montreal, what Evil Genius Poile has up his sleeve, who knows.

Where did you come up with this and why say it?

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
McPhee just bought a '19 3rd rounder for 1.2M cash and opportunity to draft Jacob De La Rose??

Sound judgement... glad this guy isn't spending my money!!

I am actually a bit surprised that Emelin went for a 3rd. Even with retaining salary for 1 year. He is a joy to watch and was one of my favourite players but he was a bit overpaid for his role.
And De La Rose is still a good prospect. Many Habs fans, myself included, were hoping Vegas wouldn't take him.

Pandaman11

Dec 3, 2009
Oh, so finally McPhee's idea of drafting a thousand Ds and then flipping them for picks is working. Only 14 left on their roster!

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Emelin at 2.9 for a 3rd is a damn nice deal for Nashville.
The only issue Habs fans with any knowledge of hockey had with Emelin was his contract.
At 2.9, I'd take him any day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad