Confirmed Trade: [VGK/MTL] Max Pacioretty for 2019 2nd round pick, Nick Suzuki, and Tomas Tatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
It's basically Capfriendly saying Vegas voided the NTC, while all the other sources (NBC, Sportsnet, etc.) saying Tatar had a NTC. I don't think there's been an actual report of whether it was actually voided or not and since there's no quotes from Tatar saying he waived the NTC, it isn't a reliable source.

But at the end of the day, Vegas wasn't happy with Tatar and I doubt Tatar was happy with the type of role he was going to be given so it likely didn't matter.

It does matter if the Habs want to trade him in the future (which they likely will, at some point) whether Tatar has a NTC or not.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
It does matter if the Habs want to trade him in the future (which they likely will, at some point) whether Tatar has a NTC or not.

Depends on what was negotiated in the deal:

• The clause can travel with the player even if he consents to being traded or is claimed on waivers
    • This requires that the acquiring team sign an addendum to the contract ensuring that the clause does in fact travel with the player (written by the player's agent)
    • If the acquiring team refuses to sign the addendum, and the player waives his clause anyway, at that point the clause may be nullified
  • If the player is traded before the clause takes effect, the acquiring team can opt to void the clause

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Depends on what was negotiated in the deal:

Yes, and once again, we don't know the actual details. All I'm saying is that it's still sort of important whether or not he has that clause. But if we're using logic, I don't see any reason whatsoever why Vegas wouldn't have voided the clauses.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
I think Tatar is here to stay (at least 2 years with a possible TDL deal on his last year). Quite frankly, I'm very happy to have him & expect he bounces back to 20-20, maybe 25-20 with the ice time he'll be getting here.

Yes, he's inconsistent, not very good on D, but the guy has a shot and is a magician with the puck... something we need.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I think Tatar is here to stay (at least 2 years with a possible TDL deal on his last year). Quite frankly, I'm very happy to have him & expect he bounces back to 20-20, maybe 25-20 with the ice time he'll be getting here.

Yes, he's inconsistent, not very good on D, but the guy has a shot and is a magician with the puck... something we need.

Jesus are the Habs that thin on offense Tatar is starting to look like Radulov?

He's alright but I doubt he scores more than 15 goals with Danault. His most annoying trait is he goes offside constantly.

Reactions: Fazkovsky

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Jesus are the Habs that thin on offense Tatar is starting to look like Radulov?

He's alright but I doubt he scores more than 15 goals with Danault. His most annoying trait is he goes offside constantly.

Well, we're not that bad on the wings, but getting a shooter is always welcome. Like I said, I think he (re)becomes a 20-20 here... not saying he's Radulov.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
No more like what Montreal received for Subban or Radulov. Also that amazing trade with the Lightning.
Radulov was signed by Montreal as a free agent and left as a free agent. If people are going to laugh that Radulov left for nothing then they should give the Habs credit for signing him below market the year before. Subban was second round pick and developed into a Norris winner by the Habs. That isn't commended but people jump over backwards when the Habs do something perceived as negative.

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
Radulov was signed by Montreal as a free agent and left as a free agent. If people are going to laugh that Radulov left for nothing then they should give the Habs credit for signing him below market the year before. Subban was second round pick and developed into a Norris winner by the Habs. That isn't commended but people jump over backwards when the Habs do something perceived as negative.
I don't love the trade but when I look at it closer I don't hate it either. I would say they got fair market value. It all depends on how Suzuki pans out.
As for Radulov every team makes tough decisions and moves. Sometimes you win at the draft or in trades and some times you lose.
I think Radulov would of stayed if Montreal offered him big money just like I think JT would have if the Isles built a better team around him.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Magician with the puck is very strong. If he's a magician then so is Eakin

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Okay it's just a difference of vocabulary then. My ranking usually goes:

A+: Elite player upside or higher, limited to guys like McDavid and Crosby
A: Franchise player upside, guys like Tavares and Eichel
A-: Near franchise player upside, above average 1st liners but not quite at the franchise player level. Kuznetsov jumps out as a perfect example of this.
B+: Average 1st liner upside, this is the highest level that I'd put guys like Sprong, Kyrou and Thomas
B: Top-6 upside, can be either a 1st or 2nd liner. A lot of 1st rounders fall in this category, Poehling falls here for me
B-: 2nd line upside without much of a chance of 1st line upside

This is just for forwards, but you can amend those for D and goalies.
Brutal

Reactions: Iceman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad