Contract Termination: [VGK] Mikael Hakkarainen

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Curious as to what the Hawks saw in him both to draft him and then sign him in the first place?

He had one good season as a 19-year-old in the USHL and played just one game for Providence College.

And not that it is a requirement to play in the NHL but he never skated for Finland's U18 or U20 teams.
He was barely in the top200 as u16. Now 0+0 in 14 AHL games as a center.

I think he might start in mestis and see how it goes. If he is a great defensive center, maybe low end FEL.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
The thing I don’t understand is the way Vegas used the cap space they got.

Taking on Dadanov after his brutal year with the Senators? I guess they’re hoping Patrick can be the 1C, but I thought they could have used that cap space much better than they did.

Reactions: NotPetya

NotPetya

May 28, 2021
Getting back a pick or something would have been better.

I’ll still appreciate the cap space. Dadonov is a temporary replacement for Tuch given the surgery. Patrick is a wait and see. Hopefully he bounces back into a center that provides sufficient offense; Vegas can work with multiple #2C’s provided they hold that mark.

Reactions: uncleben

IslesBro715

May 24, 2009
Florida
Shows that despite Fleury winning the Vezina, GM's don't view him as a top goalie. Product of a system player imo and apparently a lot of others.

Reactions: NotPetya

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Curious as to what the Hawks saw in him both to draft him and then sign him in the first place?

He had one good season as a 19-year-old in the USHL and played just one game for Providence College.

And not that it is a requirement to play in the NHL but he never skated for Finland's U18 or U20 teams.
Your guess is as good as mine. He was way out of left field.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad