GDT: Vegas @ Winnipeg 7pm TSN3/Power 97.5/CJOB Gary's Return

Status
Not open for further replies.

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
Bones just said Samberg and Stanley are 3rd pairing for tonight so Schmidt and Miller are out.

I have to admit that I didn’t know too much about Miller before he got traded to the jets. But when we acquired him, the bulk of the analysis out there (media/reporters & fans) characterized Miller as a player who can play second line pairing in a pinch or otherwise be an above-average third pairing D. Also one thing people seemed to say is how big of a shot he has from the point (in a way we haven’t had that big shot from the blue line since Buff & Chiarot). Any reason anyone can see as to why he is basically treated as a press box player so far? It’s not like our defence has been any good of late (I would say quite to the contrary).

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
He had better stats and playoff experience than half our guys... seems like a weird move
I think he was the replacement for Stanley in the depth chart but had a couple of rough games. Won't be surprised to see him get into a few more games down the stretch .

Reactions: roccerfeller

jetsfan15

Jul 17, 2016
I see from the morning skate that we are continuing the Connor/Scheif 1st line + Ehlers on 2nd line experiment. I guess Kyle Connor’s giveaways and lack of back-checking and him being outscored 6-1 on this losing streak isn’t enough lol.
And maybe the top line will have a good game today (they occasionally do) just to keep Bones thinking it works lol but they again won’t work well down the road consistently because, well, that’s how it’s always been with those combinations - setting us up to be a 500 team generally speaking and likely sub-500 against playoff teams (because that’s what being “average” is). Frustrating.

Reactions: hn777

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
He had better stats and playoff experience than half our guys... seems like a weird move

Definitely has the playoff experience (compliments of Buff)

1711650212559.jpeg

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
I think he was the replacement for Stanley in the depth chart but had a couple of rough games. Won't be surprised to see him get into a few more games down the stretch .
Feels like we are heading into an important game where bones will lean on his top four and stan/Schmidt get 13 mins...

The problem is that one of our top four has forgotten how to hockey

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I see from the morning skate that we are continuing the Connor/Scheif 1st line + Ehlers on 2nd line experiment. I guess Kyle Connor’s giveaways and lack of back-checking and him being outscored 6-1 on this losing streak isn’t enough lol.
And maybe the top line will have a good game today (they occasionally do) just to keep Bones thinking it works lol but they again won’t work well down the road consistently because, well, that’s how it’s always been with those combinations - setting us up to be a 500 team generally speaking and likely sub-500 against playoff teams (because that’s what being “average” is). Frustrating.
Wow, that's the first time anyone on this board has complained about Connor and Schief playing together :shakehead

MODs can we have a dedicated thread for people bitching about this? I promise I won't go in there. Those of us that are exhausted with this can put the thread on ignore and never again have to deal with the topic popping up in every other goddamn thread on the board

• Haha
Reactions: Gotaf7 and Jets 31

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Agreed with those saying not playing miller is a bit odd.

He's barely played with the team. And especially for Dmen I think that'd be very important to get used to a new team and teammates/coach communication. Now would be the best time to get acclimated, not In a dire playoff situation. Just my thoughts though.

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Vegas can have Wayne Newton, i'll take Winnipeg rock music. One of the Sweet things in life is having a NHL team back even if they are frustrating sometimes.:laugh:

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I just went and checked Miller's usage while in NJ, and he was 8th D on the team in all situations TOI and 8th D in 5 on 5 TOI in 41 games played, which would suggest 6/7 type usage. About what he is getting with the Jets.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Agreed with those saying not playing miller is a bit odd.

He's barely played with the team. And especially for Dmen I think that'd be very important to get used to a new team and teammates/coach communication. Now would be the best time to get acclimated, not In a dire playoff situation. Just my thoughts though.
Agreed. Even if you obtained him as a depth RHD, you'd think they would want to get him in a few more games to get comfortable with the team.

Reactions: roccerfeller

Jets 31

Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I just went and checked Miller's usage while in NJ, and he was 8th D on the team in all situations TOI and 8th D in 5 on 5 TOI in 41 games played, which would suggest 6/7 type usage. About what he is getting with the Jets.
Ya i thought that he was just insurance in case of injury basically, probably 6th or 7th on the depth chart.

Reactions: Buffdog

CaptainUgly

Jackie made me look in the mirror for punishment
Apr 22, 2018
Looking forward to seeing how many Vegas fans are at the game. Such a random team to cheer for living in MB but you know there will be a few peasants at the game.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Watching Bones' post morning skate media availability, when asked about Perfetti being out of the lineup he guarded his answer, but the theme was clear, he wanted someone bigger and stronger to match up against LV's big and physical 4th line.
I've been impressed with Gus in terms of how he's handled the 4th line role that Bones wants him to play

What kind of 4th line you want to deploy is a whole different conversation but I'm open to the idea of rotating Gus in vs bigger teams and Cole in vs skilled teams. Neat to have the ability to completely change the style of play of your 4th line depending on the opponent

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
Right the ship, get the monkey off our backs, get back on the horse, clear the track, align the planets, find the straightaway, climb the hill.....

I just know, I am leading up to something. need a bit more time......

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
My wife and I will be there tonight, hopefully they put forth a 60 minute effort.

Watching Bones' post morning skate media availability, when asked about Perfetti being out of the lineup he guarded his answer, but the theme was clear, he wanted someone bigger and stronger to match up against LV's big and physical 4th line.

Then he should have put Cole into the top 6 and dropped Iafallo :p

But anyhow Bones will Bones, the prof will be in the playoffs if he's made the right calls on his players.

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Right the ship, get the monkey off our backs, get back on the horse, clear the track, align the planets, find the straightaway, climb the hill.....

I just know, I am leading up to something. need a bit more time......
Cough up the puck. Lose the man. Miss your check. Choke the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad