Proposal: Vegas should go for Granlund brothers

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Both Mikael and Markus are at their prime, both still relatively young,
both have struggled of late, however, it would be a smart move to get them.

Now obviously Mikael is the top 6 forward (1st/2nd line) of the two
but Markus has been in the past relatively good in the top 6
and carries potential for goal and point scoring, i mean
look at what Karlsson did for the Knights, Markus
carries more potential what Karlsson did
to his first season, he was expected to take the 4th line center spot
from the team and in the beginning he did.

Mikael Granlund is incredibly skilled versatile forward, who can play
all forwards spots and play both PP and PK, who can
def. be 70-80 point player, or even more if plays in the 1st line the entire season
and plays well with good linemates. - he is about o.70 ppg in his 540 career games in the NHL

Markus Granlund is a little different, he is taller what his older brother (6 feet 0 vs 5 foot 10)
In the NA he has become this goal scoring type of two-way forward, who works really hard
who can play in all 4 lines, but is still a top 6 forward, what comes to skill and what not,
it just has not yet translated to the NHL level. Elsewhere (Finland, AHL) he has been
offensive top 6 forward before in his career and i still believe he can be that.
- "worst case scenario" he could be great 3rd line forward for the Knights with PP & PK time.
- yes, Markus does have serious issues with his game but, i think his upsides are worth the risk

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Both Mikael and Markus are at their prime, both still relatively young,
both have struggled of late, however, it would be a smart move to get them.

Now obviously Mikael is the top 6 forward (1st/2nd line) of the two
but Markus has been in the past relatively good in the top 6
and carries potential for goal and point scoring, i mean
look at what Karlsson did for the Knights, Markus
carries more potential what Karlsson did
to his first season, he was expected to take the 4th line center spot
from the team and in the beginning he did.

Mikael Granlund is incredibly skilled versatile forward, who can play
all forwards spots and play both PP and PK, who can
def. be 70-80 point player, or even more if plays in the 1st line the entire season
and plays well with good linemates. - he is about o.70 ppg in his 540 career games in the NHL

Markus Granlund is a little different, he is taller what his older brother (6 feet 0 vs 5 foot 10)
In the NA he has become this goal scoring type of two-way forward, who works really hard
who can play in all 4 lines, but is still a top 6 forward, what comes to skill and what not,
it just has not yet translated to the NHL level. Elsewhere (Finland, AHL) he has been
offensive top 6 forward before in his career and i still believe he can be that.
- "worst case scenario" he could be great 3rd line forward for the Knights with PP & PK time.
- yes, Markus does have serious issues with his game but, i think his upsides are worth the risk

I would not call Markus Granlund a top 6 forward

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Glass is ready to step into the #1C role, but Karlsson looked good centering Pacioretty and Stone and Roy and Stephenson did well at 3C. Stastny can slot in anywhere in the top 3 lines.

They also need to leave a forward spot available for one of Krebs/Dugan/Elvenes the next 2 seasons.

They're spending a bit too much up front so another 5-6m for Granlund isn't feasible unless you moved out a forward.

And if they're bringing in a UFA C/W for over 3m I'd rather they bring back Haula.

Last edited:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Glass is ready to step into the #1C role, but Karlsson looked good centering Pacioretty and Stone and Roy and Stephenson did well at 3C. Stastny can slot in anywhere in the top 3 lines.

They also need to leave a forward spot available for one of Krebs/Dugan/Elvenes the next 2 seasons.

They're spending a bit too much up front so another 5-6m for Granlund isn't feasible unless you moved out a forward.

Cody Glass is absolutely not ready to be a 1C

Reactions: Black Kevin

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
The best playmaker on the team should be 1C next season. There's no reason to handle him with kid gloves.

Because he isn’t ready. The knights have enough depth they don’t need to force it and he hasn’t earned it. He wasn’t even a passable 3C this season. His 5 on 5 game is very much a work in progress. He should improve, but no reason to rush it undeserved

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Because he isn’t ready. The knights have enough depth they don’t need to force it and he hasn’t earned it. He wasn’t even a passable 3C this season. His 5 on 5 game is very much a work in progress. He should improve, but no reason to rush it undeserved

I don't remember him spending more than 1 game at 3C. Seemed like he was at RW from mid Oct-Jan then got a concussion. Then he played 1 full game under PDB, which might have been at 3c, and he had some pretty good efforts in his own zone. He was trusted in the last minute to preserve a 1 goal lead, made some nice plays and the next game he injured his knee.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
I don't remember him spending more than 1 game at 3C. Seemed like he was at RW from mid Oct-Jan then got a concussion. Then he played 1 full game under PDB, which might have been at 3c, and he had some pretty good efforts in his own zone. He was trusted in the last minute to preserve a 1 goal lead, made some nice plays and the next game he injured his knee.

He was never the 1C or even 2C. He did get time with Stone and Patches, but that also heavily sheltered him. He played a bit over 10 minutes a game 5 on 5 and was largely ineffective, which isn’t all that surprising. He has a lot of room to grow

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Markus Granlund a top 6 forward? Hell, MiG hasn't been a top6 forward for the past season and a half.

Last edited:
Reactions: Morrison

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
I don't think LVGK is the proper team to look at 2 UFAs for their top 9, they have a decent set up of stock rn and they should still be in the testing stages, I'm going to say if they make a push for a player its going to be AP27

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
The best playmaker on the team should be 1C next season. There's no reason to handle him with kid gloves.

No reason huh?? How 'bout injuring the same knee twice within a month or so of each other, the second time requiring surgery, coupled with the other knee, also requiring surgery, his last year in juniors...that's 2 major knee injuries and a third one in about a year and to both knees to boot. He's very talented, but to say there is no reason to handle him with kid gloves is crazy.

JackFr

Jun 18, 2010
Markus Granlund sucks. Mikael Granlund is pretty good but do the Knights really need another big price tag forward?

Reactions: Morrison

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Vegas has no cap. I mean if we are wasting cap on these guys, i would rather waste the cap on a position of need right now, which would be getting Lehner re-signed. But that is not even going to happen due to our cap issues.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
If MiG is going for a one year, "prove it" contract, it sure as hell won't be with BUF.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
why Vegas? they dont really need forwards and they dont have the space.

how about a team thats struggled to score like columbus? lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad