GDT: Vegas Golden Knights @ Los Angeles Kings | 7:00PM |

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Agree with most of this - in the Colorado game (the one we won) the Karlsson line completely shut down the MacKinnon line, which is why we won. But Tuch needs to develop some moves. And I forgot to mention that Stephenson has no goals in 11. We really need his speed, and he meshes well with Stone and Patches, but he has hands of stone. Wouldn't be a problem, except we have so many big, slow guys who can't score. Just don't understand the Koleslaw love, though, if they waive him and he's claimed, so what?

Reaves needs to retire and become a VGK goodwill ambassador.

Agree. Glass should find two linemates with HSK and bring all three of them to be the new fourth line for the playoffs. All this nonsense about hitting and physical play so outdated. Teams that have impressed me in recent playoff years get goals from their third and fourth lines. Dallas did it with guys we never heard of before the playoffs and almost won it all. Unless we stupidly expect the current fourth line to go on a playoff scoring binge what are they waiting for?

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Agree with most of this - in the Colorado game (the one we won) the Karlsson line completely shut down the MacKinnon line, which is why we won. But Tuch needs to develop some moves. And I forgot to mention that Stephenson has no goals in 11. We really need his speed, and he meshes well with Stone and Patches, but he has hands of stone. Wouldn't be a problem, except we have so many big, slow guys who can't score. Just don't understand the Koleslaw love, though, if they waive him and he's claimed, so what?

Reaves needs to retire and become a VGK goodwill ambassador.

I feel I like Kolesar more than most but he should definitely be on the fourth line. That's his game and we don't do him any favors throwing him on the third and expecting much more. If we weren't yoyoing Glass around seemingly for him, and if we kept him on the fourth line where his game fits bettr, I feel he wouldn't have so many detractors.

I agree about Stephenson, his speed can create problems but he is too reliant on Stone and Pacioretty to do pretty much everything from there. He has been pretty good, at certain times, about being opportunistic when they do work their magic though.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Agree. Glass should find two linemates with HSK and bring all three of them to be the new fourth line for the playoffs. All this nonsense about hitting and physical play so outdated. Teams that have impressed me in recent playoff years get goals from their third and fourth lines. Dallas did it with guys we never heard of before the playoffs and almost won it all. Unless we stupidly expect the current fourth line to go on a playoff scoring binge what are they waiting for?

We don't trust young players like that. We never have in our existence and I don't see them changing now. Best we can hope for is they find a way to trade for a third line scoring winger at the deadline and play them with Glass and Tuch.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Agree. Glass should find two linemates with HSK and bring all three of them to be the new fourth line for the playoffs.

I know you're being facetious, but we don't have the cap space for Glass, much less Glass and two linemates.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
I know you're being facetious, but we don't have the cap space for Glass, much less Glass and two linemates.

If we waive Carrier and Reaves we sure do! Plus that was the playoffs, Cap doesn't matter. Of course this isn't happening, just venting the frustration that we'll all have when the playoffs come and yet again the team goes down because it gets 1 goal from the 4th line. Can't keep everyone but it sure feels like to me Bellemare was the key to that 4th line being effective and worth sending out there. Now they are just keeping the tradition alive with inferior players and acting like they need this physical fourth line in the playoff cause you know teams 10 years ago used this formula to win the Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00