Line Combos: Vatanen & Lindholm [aka defensive lineup thread]

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
He said it in a recent press conference. He said that he's looking to tinker with the forwards, but that he wants the D and goaltending intact.

I would expect any new coach coming in to say that. But I would also hope that before they hired a new coach that both parties would be in agreement on the direction of the club. So I would accept that Weber most likely isn't available unless management has plans they didn't share with the new coach...and that wouldn't be a very good way for a new relationship to get off ground. Now if we were talking Philly....:laugh:

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I have a question and decided this was the best place to put it...All year long I see threads on the main board about trading Weber. Does anybody know, is there a credible source who has said that the Preds would consider moving him? Or is this just all the HF geniuses creating fantasies about him joining their team?

If he is truly, potentially available, that's the guy you go all in for. And we would seem to be a team that has enough chips to go all in.

So does anybody know if he truly might be available? Has a credible source (and I use that term loosely) anywhere said anything like that?

The GM has denied it repeatedly. He even said he gets calls all the time, but he's told every one of them the same thing. Weber is not available.

GMs say stuff like this all the time, so you never know if he's truly available. However, the Predators' struggles offensively, lack of high end forwards, and low payroll lead people to believe he could be had for the right young players. Seems like all speculation to me.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I would expect any new coach coming in to say that. But I would also hope that before they hired a new coach that both parties would be in agreement on the direction of the club. So I would accept that Weber most likely isn't available unless management has plans they didn't share with the new coach...and that wouldn't be a very good way for a new relationship to get off ground. Now if we were talking Philly....:laugh:
Poile said it, not Laviolette.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Poile said it, not Laviolette.

Ah, OK. But my theory would still be valid. New coach and GM/owner would be on the same page as to what direction the team will try to go. It wouldn't be beneficial for the GM to lie to the new coach just to sign him. It definitely sounds like Weber is not going to be on the market.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad