Vasi or Cole Caufield?, keeper league

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
My Vasi for his Caufield?

Vasi with a down season, just hold onto him for a bounce back season when healthy next season?

Does Caufield/Habs take another step next season? Or he is what he is?

(our league settings gives 1 point for a PLUS and -1 for a MINUS) Which always concerns me getting a player from a crappy team. For example, In our league, Bedard likely won't be elite until Chicago is a decent team, because of the +/- stat. He is a -36, hurting his fantasy pts. average per game to 2.2. Average replacement player is about 3.0)

Last edited:

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Depends on the goalie economy in the league. And the winger one too of course.

Vasi is still gonna be valuable because I cant see him losing his volume starter status. However, his prime years look to be behind him.

Caufield is trending in the right direction, but is a bit more of a risk. Its easier to secure solid wingers than it it to secure a starter

Reactions: td_ice

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
My Vasi for his Caufield?

Vasi with a down season, just hold onto him for a bounce back season when healthy next season?

Does Caufield/Habs take another step next season? Or he is what he is?

(our league settings gives 1 point for a PLUS and -1 for a MINUS) Which always concerns me getting a player from a crappy team. For example, In our league, Bedard likely won't be elite until Chicago is a decent team, because of the +/- stat. He is a -36, hurting his fantasy pts. average per game to 2.2. Average replacement player is about 3.0)
FWIW, caufield is having a down year shooting percentage wise and is likely to rebound next year. Especially as teams need to start respecting slaf more. We’ve also missed our 2 and 3c for nearly the entire season, I think it’s safe to expect that caufield rebounds next year alongside the team

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Vasilevsky isn't even 30 years old yet...

If he returns to form next season and beyond, you're going to feel pretty silly having traded him away for Cole Caufield

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Vasilevsky isn't even 30 years old yet...

If he returns to form next season and beyond, you're going to feel pretty silly having traded him away for Cole Caufield
Yeah, if he stays at his current pace, and doesn't take the next step, it would be a horrible trade.

It depends on two things. Vasi returning to form, yes or no? And then Caufield filling his upside, yes or no? If both yes, I am good. As I'll take the much younger player.

We shall see.

Currently, at least in our league settings, forwards are way out pacing most goalies. Our top 20 point getters, 18 forwards and only 2 goalies. That is shocking to me. As in the past, the top 10 was heavily goalies. We were thinking of changing our settings because of goalie dominance. Thankfully we didn't. The game is cyclical, and currently, it's about offense. And goalie tandems. (although, I think Vasi is tandem proof. Maybe not injury proof though. Are all those playoff games catching up to him?)

If I pull the trigger, it's a gamble. But not a crazy one, I don't think. Cause I believe in Caufield's upside. If I am wrong about it, yeah, of course it will not be a good trade.

I actually traded for Vasi when he was just dominating our league goalie wise. Unfortunately, I traded a pre breakout Draisaitl for him. But it has worked out since I got him still. 3 finals appearances in 4 years. Won 2, lost 1. I have 97, so that will forgive a lot of mistakes.

But still during those years, Draisaitl out pointed him. Just the guy that got Drasaitl, (he also had Mack) did not fill out the rest of his team well.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad