Value of: Vanek to Anaheim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emerald Duck

Dec 9, 2009
Arrowhead Pond of Anaheim, CA
I believe Vanek is a RH left winger.

Not really interested in Vanek. Whenever I've watched him, he is just floats around the offensive zone looking for a redirect. Reminds me of Alex Semin, and Vanek is just as invisible when he's not scoring. I don't know if his game has left him or if he is only playing for a paycheck these days.

Unless he ends up taking a 1 year "prove it" deal at the end of the summer, I don't see Murray pursuing him.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I believe Vanek is a RH left winger.

Not really interested in Vanek. Whenever I've watched him, he is just floats around the offensive zone looking for a redirect. Reminds me of Alex Semin, and Vanek is just as invisible when he's not scoring. I don't know if his game has left him or if he is only playing for a paycheck these days.

Unless he ends up taking a 1 year "prove it" deal at the end of the summer, I don't see Murray pursuing him.

Vanek never looks invisible. He's 75% awful, and 25% Amaze-balls. Zero in between. But you never miss him on the ice, that's for sure. Either "Holy Crap, that was Awesome!" or Holy Crap, What the hell was he doing".

His scoring rates are probably still worth and get 4 million on a short term deal even with that acknowledgment

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Vanek never looks invisible. He's 75% awful, and 25% Amaze-balls. Zero in between. But you never miss him on the ice, that's for sure. Either "Holy Crap, that was Awesome!" or Holy Crap, What the hell was he doing".

His scoring rates are probably still worth and get 4 million on a short term deal even with that acknowledgment

Yeah, pretty much this. He's never really an invisible player, he is just a huge risk-taker, and many of those risks don't pan out, often to horrific results. Add in that he is a relatively slow skater, especially moving through the neutral zone and while trying to shadow someone in the defensive end or cut off a passing lane, and you've got his main flaws covered.

The benefit of Vanek is that the guy has a good shot, great hands, and sneaky-as-heck vision in the offensive zone. He's a good offensive player, still. Don't expect him, however, to be good anywhere else, and understand that his offense comes with the caveat that his passes will make your team pay almost (but not quite) as often as they make your opponents pay.

JeffForsberg21

Jul 11, 2004
Quebec

Exactly the impression he left me as a Hab.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Honestly, I don't like Vanek but Vanek with under 4 million is a good deal.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
THE ORIGINAL POSTER DID NOT SPECIFY THAT.

We aren't all ducks fans here. How the **** are we supposed to know that? We're only going off of what the original poster said.

Even then, your GM says "if possible" :laugh:

****ing hell...

You quoted a post which read "Yes I know BM has said he wants a left shooting LWer..."

You offered Kunitz

To which I replied "He (referring to BM) specifically said a high quality left shooting winger".

Next time take your own advice and re-read, perhaps you could have saved yourself from getting so worked up.

Jules Winnfield

Fleurymanbad
Mar 19, 2010
You quoted a post which read "Yes I know BM has said he wants a left shooting LWer..."

You offered Kunitz

To which I replied "He (referring to BM) specifically said a high quality left shooting winger".

Next time take your own advice and re-read, perhaps you could have saved yourself from getting so worked up.

Hey again that's nice and all but we aren't psychics here.

Posters respond to what the original poster wrote ya know?

I could care less what you wrote because it's after the fact and wasn't what I originally responded to.

Thanks again though for not making any sense.

Boot

Oct 20, 2010
Hey again that's nice and all but we aren't psychics here.

Posters respond to what the original poster wrote ya know?

I could care less what you wrote because it's after the fact and wasn't what I originally responded to.

Thanks again though for not making any sense.

No reason to get that upset man. All he was doing was giving holly oh more info, because, y'know, you're not psychic.

Teppo

Mar 3, 2008
Bottom line with Vanek is that he contributes way more to goals being scored against his team than goals scored by his team.

He makes some unbelievable offensive plays - highlite reel material. But, the number of times he coughs up the puck, the number of times he loses puck battles, and the number of times he leaves his man uncovered far outweigh what he contributes offensively.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad