AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
Call this number

JunkAway%20Truck.jpg

Canadian Canuck

Hughes4Calder
Jul 30, 2013
Kamloops BC
When Sbisa is on his game he's a serviceable #4/5. Problem is, he's not on his game a whole lot. I'd love to keep Sbisa if he was making under 2,000,000. Somethin around Sbisa/Kane?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
He's not movable. He should have been bought out, but now the Canucks will need to send him to the AHL and get the little bit cap space they will get back. I still don't get how the guy got re-signed, he's just flat out horrible. He only ever looked decent in Anaheim for 1yr.

ayoshi

Nov 3, 2010
When Sbisa is on his game he's a serviceable #4/5. Problem is, he's not on his game a whole lot. I'd love to keep Sbisa if he was making under 2,000,000. Somethin around Sbisa/Kane?

Sbisa doesn't belong anywhere near the second pairing, especially on a decent team.

He is a #7/first AHL call-up.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
The hilarious thing is the Canucks fans trade proposals for him when there are literally thousands of posts tearing Sbisa apart by Canucks fans themselves. His horrible reputation comes mostly from them.

Evergreen

I remember my biggest hesitation when the Flyers traded for Pronger was losing Sbisa. He looked promising as a rookie, but I guess it goes to show how we overrate young guys on here.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011

Evander Kane should simply get punched in the face for every stupid proposal he has elicited with his behavior.
That would turn him into a model citizen in no time.

Rugbyplayer*

Mar 9, 2016
Seriously guys stop hating on Sbisa. He's a decent guy and may very well be a late bloomer. Plus, he has the best moustache I've ever seen. Love the guy.

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
Sbisa is a fine 5/6 dman and is overpaid by about a million, if we retained 1-1.5M he would be easily moveable for a 3rd + a contract

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Seriously guys stop hating on Sbisa. He's a decent guy and may very well be a late bloomer. Plus, he has the best moustache I've ever seen. Love the guy.

Exactly i dont get the Sbisa hate. Hes not the best dman but he does bring physical play to the back end that we didnt have otherwise and his passing really improved as last year wore on. If he continues conditioning this summer he could really suprise a lot of people next season

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Exactly i dont get the Sbisa hate. Hes not the best dman but he does bring physical play to the back end that we didnt have otherwise and his passing really improved as last year wore on. If he continues conditioning this summer he could really suprise a lot of people next season

If he is so good why do you guys want to move him then? You guy do not many of us read the Nuck board--but do not post there--seems 90% of the post are negative and suggest he is hurting the team

MadaCanuckle

Jun 25, 2012
Lisboa
If he is so good why do you guys want to move him then? You guy do not many of us read the Nuck board--but do not post there--seems 90% of the post are negative and suggest he is hurting the team

He's good in scrums/60 and in pizzapuck delivery/60. Otherwise he's useless. We should pay something to get rid of him. Obviously, if someone gives a 6th round for him, I'll personally fly from Lisbon to Vancouver and will dance like a crazy man around Roger's Arena.

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Sbisa is a fine 5/6 dman and is overpaid by about a million, if we retained 1-1.5M he would be easily moveable for a 3rd + a contract

Most would argue he is overpaid by more than that. He's a borderline 6/7 would should be making sub 1M.... not 3.6

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
The hilarious thing is the Canucks fans trade proposals for him when there are literally thousands of posts tearing Sbisa apart by Canucks fans themselves. His horrible reputation comes mostly from them.

Well, Ducks fans knew he was crap a long time ago. :laugh:

Thanks for taking him off our hands and signing him to that wonderful extension.

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
lol @ the people saying Sbisa isn't bad and isn't overpaid by much. If he was a UFA I wouldn't offer him more than $1M. I definitely wouldn't want him on our bottom pairing to start the year, he's more suited to a 7/8 role.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
If anybody wants to know just how valuable Sbisa is, all he/she has to do is read Vancouver's own board.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
If anybody wants to know just how valuable Sbisa is, all he/she has to do is read Vancouver's own board.

He's bad, no question. He is also prey to the group-hate narrative that tends to form around certain players on message boards like these.

His main problem is his contract and how he is employed. He is an NHL defenseman, just a bottom pairing one who still (some think) retains some kind of potential to get better. He's not the worst defenseman in the league, nor arguably on the Canucks (last year Bartkowski and Weber both out-sucked him, this year Tryamkin is a very unknown quantity, and Pedan is probably worse than Sbisa. Biega has fewer physical tools, but doesn't tend to make as many mistakes).

Canucks would love to see him moved to clear up cap space, and also dread an injury that increases his ice time and responsibility. He is (generally) fine in limited minutes.

And remember, he is on Team World! He narrowly beat out Weber for that last D spot, which is very exciting for all involved. :sarcasm:

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Perhaps the group hate narrative is brought on by,oh I don't know, a player sucking and a group of fans hating having a player suck in their team?

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Sbisa made a list... looks like he's tied for 10th worst defenseman with Ference, Ohlund and Gleason! Sounds about right

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Perhaps the group hate narrative is brought on by,oh I don't know, a player sucking and a group of fans hating having a player suck in their team?

Who are you arguing against? I said he's bad. We all know he's bad and his contract is bad. All I suggested is that he wasn't even the worst d-man last year on the Nucks, and may not be this year either. We want him gone because he doesn't come close to playing up to his contract.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
sbisa isn't a bottom pairing dman

unless bottom pairing means bottom of the trash can

McDrailers

Apr 13, 2013
Newfoundland
Sbisa made a list... looks like he's tied for 10th worst defenseman with Ference, Ohlund and Gleason! Sounds about right

This list rates Adam Pardy as number 16 on the BEST list so I'm taking it with a truck of salt. However, yeah Sbisa is awful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad