Eklund Rumor: Vancouver interested in Cody Ceci

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
This is a huge stretch in value for Ceci, the Canucks don’t need more defenceman who suck. Plus isn’t he an RFA with arbitration eligibility and a 4+ million dollar qualifying offer? Canucks made this mistake with Gudbranson already.

I agree with you. But it’s also Jim Benning.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
A pairing of Ceci and Gudbranson would be a sight to behold.

Both of Ottawa's 2019 seconds and Ceci for an inconsequential piece should be about fair. What Benning would do is unlikely to be that, though.

A 6th or 7th would be enough to make him go at this point given Ceci's contract runs out June. Any team, including Ottawa, can just walk away and not qualify him.

While Ceci isn't a long term problem, Gudbranson on the other hand has two more years left after this one. A Ceci-Gudbranson swap would be amazing for Vancouver, it would be like getting a cap free Gudbranson buyout by letting Ceci walk.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
On the other hand Leaf fans tell me Zaitsev has had an all star caliber season and they see more of him than anyone else. I've heard them compare him to a prime Carl Brewer. Why would they lie?

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Gudbranson or Sutter would be ideal.

Eriksson might be more of a benefit for Ottawa's owner. He makes 6 million on paper the next three seasons but only 2 and 3 in the last two seasons.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Gudbranson or Sutter would be ideal.

Eriksson might be more of a benefit for Ottawa's owner. He makes 6 million on paper the next three seasons but only 2 and 3 in the last two seasons.
I'm sure Eriksson will approve that trade.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad