GDT: Vancouver Hughes @ Colorado Makars | 8pm MT | Emergency No Effort GDT

NateTheGreat

Mar 19, 2012
Winnipeg
*checks main boards for Norris/Hughes threads*
trae-young-quiet.gif

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I don't understand the hate towards Johnson. Since the moment he was separated from Manson, he started playing like the Johnson from last year. Simple, knows his limitations, and gets the job done. This Jones - Johnson pairing looks pretty good to me.
Especially if people expect we can get a better Dman for the same cap hit. That’s not happening. At this point, I would spend the money (if we even have any) on offence.

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
So later today I’m thinking of walking directly into the parked car of someone I don’t like then falling down like I’ve been shot. Think I can have them arrested for careless driving? After all it’s definitely their fault that the car is there and in my way even though they’re not around or moving
Well not now that you've posted your scheme here for all the world to find lol

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I don't understand the hate towards Johnson. Since the moment he was separated from Manson, he started playing like the Johnson from last year. Simple, knows his limitations, and gets the job done. This Jones - Johnson pairing looks pretty good to me.
Yeah Johnson is far from being an issue on this team. He has been a very good #6D for us. I also do like the Johnson-Jones pair although Jones had a bit of a rough game last night. But overall that is a pretty darn good bottom pair.

NorthernAvsFan

Jun 25, 2014
I do think Hughes got underrated for a little while while the Canucks were in a downward spin. He’s special. A future hall of famer.

What I think separates Makar from other D, is that he’s the whole package. Special game breaker, but doesn’t sacrifice defence for offence. Clutch in big moments. Also one of the leagues best penalty killers.

People who look at Colorado as this stacked roster aren’t seeing all the flaws. Makar is carrying pretty hard this year. Georgiev’s been brutal, MacK is average, we have a 2C that can’t do anything offensively or defensively at 5 on 5.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
Checking the numbers last night, the Wood - Colton - Tufte line got f***ing abused. As did Josh Manson.

Meanwhile, Jonathan Drouin led the team in Corsi lmao.
That line missed LOC BIG TIME.

That line looked like how they looked when Tatar was patrolling the RW. Not good.

Reactions: GeoRox89

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Can’t get over how weak that Manson major was.

Game has gone to the shitter. You can’t even hold your ground and protect the net anymore.
It really was unbelievable. Boeser was the one who initiated the contact and tried to crosscheck Manson in the midsection in the first place. Just typical front of the net stuff, no big deal. But he's hunched over, short, and skates into Manson's stick -- who's literally just holding it at the height of his own chest and not even looking at the dude. And whoopsy, look at that, down goes Boeser from a brutal headshot! Blood all over, as Nucks fans are whinging about, but in a miraculous recovery Boeser doesn't even need to go to concussion protocol for the supposedly brutal bloody headshot that sent him flailing to the ice. He instead pops right back up and starts yapping from the penalty box.

5 minutes to Josh Manson for being tall and standing in place.

GeoRox89

Nov 16, 2013
Fires of Mt Doom
Showed the video of the Manson major to a coworker who doesn’t even watch sports but does know a little about hockey cause her kids do (really just wanted to show her Manson mocking him). She literally said ‘why is that a penalty, the Canuck player bumps himself into the other guy standing there then flops his head back?’

Also told me he should ‘win an Oscar for that performance’. Even regular people can tell it didn’t make sense

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
One more thing I haven't seen mentioned yet about the Manson crosscheck. IMO his stick being high was a result of Boeser croschecking Manson's hands downwards but kind of missing them therefore causing Manson's own hands to "bounce" back upwards.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
If I didn't want to get a 5 minute major I simply wouldn't... er, let a guy skate face first into my stick when I'm standing still. I didn't see any blood either.

Reactions: Foppa2118

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad