Roope Hintz
Blackhawks 2024 5th round pick

Chicago gets

Tyler Seguin
Stars 2024 1st round
Stars 2024 2nd round
Podkolzin

Dallas gets

Elias Pettersson (with agreement he will sign in Dallas)

Why Vancouver does it

They have dead cap space from OEL buyout

They get a value contract in Roope Hintz that allows them to sign Lindholm and Hronek and other important UFA’s

Why Seguin waives his NMC

Mutual respect with the Stars organization, and he will be glued to Bedards wing for the next 3 years , he’ll have fun making magic with him

Why Dallas does it

Adds a bigger game breaking talent

Frees up cap space to allow a lot more freedom and they can extend Wyatt Johnston next year

Last edited:

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Of course these proposals arent always meant to be realistic, but fun ideas that make sense for the teams value wise and situation wise.

I tried to do my best in matching needs for all teams, and I hope you guys like this idea

please feel free to make tweaks and we can discuss

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Good deal for Chicago - they get Seguin, Podkolzin. a 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick while giving up absolutely nothing. If I'm a part of Chicago management I jump all over this one. :thumbu:
Lol edited, forgot to make a transaction for Blackhawks sending something

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Lol edited, forgot to make a transaction for Blackhawks sending something
So Chicago still gets a haul and only has to give up a 5th round pick. Look - I know that you're upset by what's happening right now in Boston but wait until the game is over before you come up with a final version of this deal.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
So Chicago still gets a haul and only has to give up a 5th round pick. Look - I know that you're upset by what's happening right now in Boston but wait until the game is over before you come up with a final version of this deal.
They won’t just take Seguins 10 mil for nothing

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
What in the hell is this and why does Chicago just get a bunch of quality assets for a 5th?

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
This is awful for Dallas. Seguin is a little over paid but he is fine. Plus pettersson’s contract will be massive. Hard pass for Dallas.

Also to note when Johnston needs a new contract Dallas will have over 22 million coming off the books that year.

Reactions: Play

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
This is awful for Dallas. Seguin is a little over paid but he is fine. Plus pettersson’s contract will be massive. Hard pass for Dallas.
Thanks for being respectful, while I still have you here, would you do it if it was Benn?

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Thanks for being respectful, while I still have you here, would you do it if it was Benn?
No, I would rather keep Hintz. His contract is amazing for what he does. It’s not a matter of moving out money.

Now suter on the other hand I would gladly move. I don’t even need a bag of pucks back just one puck is more valuable.

Reactions: Play

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
No, I would rather keep Hintz. His contract is amazing for what he does. It’s not a matter of moving out money.

Now suter on the other hand I would gladly move. I don’t even need a bag of pucks back just one puck is more valuable.
Pettersson would be fun with Robertson, but yeah agreed Hintz contract is nothing short of amazing, enjoy him for next 8 years

Tempo

Jun 13, 2019
One lousy game and people jump off the wagon like a hot potato.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad