Proposal: Vancouver / Carolina

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Yea I would think the Hurricanes would be wanting a good young goalie back if they are parting with premium assets.

I see very little reason for them to depart with Hanifin in general. How many 21 year old top 4 dmen are in the league today? With 240 NHL games under his belt and consistent improvements in his offensive game?

north49er

Dec 20, 2017
Why does almost every trade thread with the word "Vancouver" in it, include trying to move Tanev? Is he the most overrated or underrated D-man out there? Just in durability alone Hanifin is far ahead of Tanev and he's 7 years younger.

sticker76

Jul 7, 2010
Raleigh, NC
To Vancouver Canucks
Noah Hanifin
Jeff Skinner

To Carolina Hurricanes
2018 7th overall
Sven Baertschi
Chris Tanev

And how does this address Canes needs of goaltending, #1 center, or elite talent. It helps with a veteran D, but one that could play more 60 games would be ideal. This would be awful asset management by Canes. And IMO, Tanev is one of the most overrated D, his injury history affects his value tremendously. I think at most, he gets is a late 1st and maybe a B prospect. Canes have said they want a 1st and prospect for Skinner alone (I don't think Baertschi is the prospect they want) and Hanifin has a ton more value than Tanev.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad