Post-Game Talk: Vancouver Canucks Young Stars Classic Penticton BC Sept 5-9

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Interesting to hear Torts say in the press conference today say he doesn't watch the tourney and does his evaluations in main camp because at those tourneys you can get too high or too low on a player.

tc 23

#GaunceForGM
Dec 11, 2012
Vancouver
Interesting to hear Torts say in the press conference today say he doesn't watch the tourney and does his evaluations in main camp because at those tourneys you can get too high or too low on a player.

But I thought these tourneys were super important and if a player didn't score 3 points-per-game they'll never make the NHL. :sarcasm:

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

I really don't mind him giving everyone a clean slate in training camp.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC

Makes sense, the head coaches main responsibility is to ice the most competitive NHL roster possible and so should base this on the highly competitive main camp environment rather than an 18-20 y/o tourney. Rather the tourney is, I would imagine, more a tool for the GM and his development team to get a read on where these kids are at and what development programs/systems they most need. And perhaps, as you've mentioned, a conditioning tool as well. None of which really speaks to Tortorella's areas of responsibility.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

Torts is a devotee of the Ron Delorme practice scouting methodology. :scared::scared:

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
Torts is a devotee of the Ron Delorme practice scouting methodology. :scared::scared:
and, like, Hakan Andersson.

Torts is coaching an NHL team, he should make his evaluations of the prospects vs NHL players. Junior level competition would skew his results.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad