Pre-Game Talk: Vancouver Canucks at New York Rangers - February 19, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

ace4

Mar 11, 2014
And the huge mountain you can see in the distance from Vancouver is Mt Baker, which is part of the Cascade Range. Rockies are a different thing.

Mt. Baker is visible on a clear day from all over south western B.C.

ace4

Mar 11, 2014
Yeah, West coast is a lot more mild than the East. And more beautiful.

Which is why I too, want to move there.

The warm air from the Pacific Ocean moderates the temperature in Vancouver, Seattle and Portland during the winter. Unfortunately, we get the Pineapple Express rain storms from Hawaii.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Skapski is the cousin of my old hairstylist. He's a good kid and a really good goalie. Welcome to Canadian 6 degrees of separation.

(You guys can tell me to GTFO if I'm being annoying lol)
Mackenzie Skapski was on Hartford with Chris Mueller
Chris Mueller was on the Texas Stars with Doug Lidster
Doug Lidster was on the Canucks with Cam Neely
Cam Neely was on Dumb and Dumber with Jeff Daniels
Jeff Daniels was on The Squid and the Whale with Laura Linney
Laura Linney was on Mystic River with Kevin Bacon

I spent longer on that than I'd care to admit.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
The warm air from the Pacific Ocean moderates the temperature in Vancouver, Seattle and Portland during the winter. Unfortunately, we get the Pineapple Express rain storms from Hawaii.

I can handle rain. What I can't handle is stepping outside and my face becoming numb within 30 seconds. This winter has been brutal.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012
Anyone know whether the game is on MSG or MSG+? The Rangers site says MSG, as I would assume, but msg.com and my guide (Verizon) say the isles are on msg and we're on +.

ace4

Mar 11, 2014
Hopefully VAN feels generous like last time and lets us practice some 3on1 rushes for the first 20mins again.

No Edler, Tanev, Bieksa or Corrado on defense means the Rangers will dominate. Sbisa and Weber are prone to awful turnovers and they will be getting a lot of minutes. The Rangers power play should also have success because the Canucks penalty kill has been awful since Brad Richardson got injured.

ace4

Mar 11, 2014
Auf, how's life in Victoria? I've seen some pictures of it and it looks beautiful. Looks a little like a small Scandinavian town.

As someone from Victoria, I always hear tourists mention the British flavor of downtown. British and Spanish explorers mapped the area in the 1800's so the development of the city has a European touch.

SRTtoZ

Apr 3, 2010
New York, NY
I know this is way off topic but I'm re watching the islanders/rangers game and the Cizikas breakaway was way offside. I slowed it down and it shows the puck on the blue line while the player was already in the zone. Grrrr.

Anyway, LGR!

Arcillius

Jul 1, 2006
That wasn't offsides. If a player has control of the puck they cannot be offsides. They can skate into the zone backwards if they want.

83.1 of the NHL rules: "However, a player actually controlling the puck who shall cross the line ahead of the puck shall not be considered “off-side,†provided he had possession and control of the puck prior to his skates crossing the blue line."

I know this is way off topic but I'm re watching the islanders/rangers game and the Cizikas breakaway was way offside. I slowed it down and it shows the puck on the blue line while the player was already in the zone. Grrrr.

Anyway, LGR!

KingP

Mar 24, 2012
New york
This will be the last game I get to watch before climbing Mount Mansfield (Vermont)

Lead me on my trip with a W

Net Front Presence

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 29, 2009
That wasn't offsides. If a player has control of the puck they cannot be offsides. They can skate into the zone backwards if they want.

83.1 of the NHL rules: "However, a player actually controlling the puck who shall cross the line ahead of the puck shall not be considered “off-side,†provided he had possession and control of the puck prior to his skates crossing the blue line."

He lost control of the puck after he crossed the blue line but before the puck did. When he reached back for it, the puck still hadn't entered the zone. He was most definitely offside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad