Confirmed with Link: [VAN/TOR] Canucks acquire D Travis Dermott for 3rd in 2022 (WPG)

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
ive always liked him as a player . I hope the chang of scenery does him well

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
What is the downside to the last 2 hours exactly? Improve defense with younger, cheaper player. Are we really hand wringing over a 3rd round pick? Let me tell you guys, you are in for a world of hurt over the next couple of years. This is not a team that is going to load up on picks.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Considerably. Dermott isn't anything special but he's decent for the most part. Played quite well in the Habs/Leafs series until that... one game. :laugh:

We save money and get a better player. I'm okay with this even if it's mostly a lateral move.

Yep. I don't mind going from Hamonic to Dermott. It's a win. Younger and cheaper.

Dermott is a guy I would've targeted too. There's something more there.

Reactions: geebaan

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
Dermott is a good skating, gritty defenceman for the bottom pairing. He's built like a fire hydrant, 5'11, 200+ lbs, Former second round pick and only 25 years old. He played consistent minutes on of the best teams in the league.

Shipping out Hamonic for Dermott + 1.5 million cap space is the exact type of moves JR has been preaching since he got here. Only question remains is what do you with Rathbone?

It's ideal to have LH defenceman playing the left rather than their off-side.

Reactions: geebaan and Bobby9

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
The trade wasn't Hamonic for Dermott though...they saved $3m and gained a 3rd rounder, then made another trade to give up the 3rd rounder and $1.5m. Yes, they are a net savings right now, but they were further ahead before the Dermott trade.

This.

For a shitty rebuilding team, there’s 0 reason to make the second trade. We would have had a spot for Rathbone audition next year and 3M to give JTM or whoever else.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
are you kidding me! we gave up a 3rd round pick for a #7 D man... Harman is a dumbass to call this good work. I was happy with the 3rd for Hamonic why couldn't we just of left it at that.

Reactions: Seattle Totems

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
The trade wasn't Hamonic for Dermott though...they saved $3m and gained a 3rd rounder, then made another trade to give up the 3rd rounder and $1.5m. Yes, they are a net savings right now, but they were further ahead before the Dermott trade.
The post I responded to stated swapping Hamonic out for Dermott doesn't clear cap.

Reactions: Canucker

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad