Confirmed Trade: [VAN/NYR] Vitaly Kravtsov for William Lockwood and 2026 7th round pick

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I woulda assumed NYR couldn't got something atleast somewhat decent... Lockwood and a 7th only?

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Lockwood has played games & could still be a player. There was hope in Vancouver he could be our Tyler Motte replacement.

Smaller but quick & hits hard. Downside is has had injury issues, not much offensively in the NHL & also didn't establish himself as a PKer here.

But a quick 4th liner with some jam is what your hoping for.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I was hesitant at first, but at the cost of Lockwood and a 7th? Easily worth a shot.

Lockwood is a player i liked, and really thought he'd carve out a solid 4th line energy role. He's got the wheels, the mentality, the tenacity...but the offensive black hole has been apparent. To play 28 games and somehow only have one lousy assist to show for it, you have to almost actively try not to pick up accidental points to that extent. Seems like a guy who is worth keeping around the farm team though, if you have to start reaching deep into your depth chart...he's a guy who can play a few NHL minutes and probably won't hurt you. But i think he'd run his course with the Canucks organization and was probably heading back to the States anyway.

Kravtsov seems like a total diva case, and has a lot of the same problems as a player that plagued Virtanen (who they didn't fix, and in fact seemed to make worse over time). But at this price, easily worth the investment to see if you can ignite something with an opportunity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad