Confirmed with Link: [VAN/NJ] Canucks acquire G Louis Domingue for G Zane McIntyre

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
This man Jim Benning has to be the luckiest people in hockey lol

If they make the playoffs on the back of Demko he will get praised for his drafting

If they miss the playoffs, he now has the excuse of his #1 goalie being injured
Yeh great luck for New Jersey not for Canuck Manager.

Cancuks

Former Exalted Ruler
Jan 13, 2014
At the EI office
This will be a blessing in disguise. Demko is our future #1. Markstrom will just cost us a lot of money and we would've regretted signing him and trading away Demko. Now the decision will be much easier. A shame that Benning couldn't have seen the writing on the wall when Markstrom wouldn't re-sign for a short term deal that made sense and traded him for picks. But the hockey gods are on our side for once and bumbling Jim will have fumbled himself into the right decision when Markstrom walks and we have cap to re-sign Toffoli now.

Reactions: Grantham

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver

cursed franchise

This.

"Wow, we really screwed them on the Juolevi pick."

"Yeah, but let's face it, true despair is when you have hope - and it gets dashed."

"Good point - let's give them not just Petey, but Hughes as well, then have Marky play out of his mind so they are leading the division at the TDL - and then BOOM! No more Marky!"

"I love it - almost as good as dangling game 7 in '94 and again in 2011. Messin' with Canucks fans these days is the most devilish thing since we had Gretzkebub absolutely demolish them all through the '80's."

- overheard from a couple Hockey Gods heading to the bar, chortling

Reactions: settinguptheplay

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
A good chance to see what Thatcher can do before the Canucks spend a ton of money on Markstrom with cap issues. If Demko steps up and shines and shows the pedigree we have always thought he has, then maybe you let Markstrom walk and keep the younger, cheaper goalie.

Reactions: Ozone and NuxFan09

I am toxic

. . . even in small doses
Oct 24, 2014
Vancouver
This will be a blessing in disguise. Demko is our future #1. Markstrom will just cost us a lot of money and we would've regretted signing him and trading away Demko. Now the decision will be much easier. A shame that Benning couldn't have seen the writing on the wall when Markstrom wouldn't re-sign for a short term deal that made sense and traded him for picks. But the hockey gods are on our side for once and bumbling Jim will have fumbled himself into the right decision when Markstrom walks and we have cap to re-sign Toffoli now.

Vezinal level goaltending, gone due to injuries:

"But the hockey gods are on our side for once"

And people say I am tox . . . oh, wait . . .

Reactions: Ginger Papa

dombrova22

Apr 12, 2017
Well, if I'm being honest.. we are probably f***ed.

With that said, now is your time to take the job Demko. No pressure kid..... who am I kidding, all the f***ing pressure in the world is on him. Good luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad