Confirmed with Link: [VAN/MTL] Dale Weise for Raphael Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I don't know why people are getting so upset over trading our UFA to be 7th defenseman for a 4th liner. We need more forward depth than D depth going forward anyway.

We have Drewiske coming back, plus Pateryn and Tinordi in the AHL. Beaulieu is playing well.

A draft pick will do nothing for us right now. Weise at least has a chance to help out, especially if Moen or Prust goes down. It also means we don't have to play Parros in games where we don't need a heavyweight, and as bad as Weise might be he is no where as bad as Parros.

It's a meh trade based on current needs of both teams. Both players are meh. Really, it's nothing to get upset about.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think this could be a really good trade. He averages 7:45 per game and has 12 points, that is second in the league in points for someone that averages that amount of ice time.

pezcore

Jan 13, 2012
St-Hubert, Qc
Wow this place have gone downhill .
Diaz won't be in The NHL in 2 years anyway

A offensive defensemen who can't produce .

Amen......you took words outta my mouth.

hes following the exact same path as Weber...and what did we get for Weber?

at least we got Weise.....lets give him a chance before we curse him.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
I watch the Canucks a lot. They're my second favourite team and my best friend's favourite.

Diaz will be in their Top-6 heading into playoffs. Stanton will likely be seeing the pressbox with Weber.

As do I (Oilers are my #2 though). Pretty easy to see whose bedtimes prevent them from catching west coast games. Diaz will jump above Weber at the very least in their depth chart. Not to mention, he's going to get used quite a bit right away with the holes on the RHS due to the Bieksa, Weber and Tanev injuries. Vancouver should have been ripe for the picking, and we should have gotten way more than frigging Weise in exchange for patching Vancouver's massive hole on the right side of the defense for them.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Dany Dubé calling Diaz un joueur de soutien.

Adding, c'est pas un gars de 20 minutes par match, c'est un gars de 40 matchs par saison, gabarit moyen, bon patineur, bon tir, mais en terme de responsabilités défensives, a de la misere à contrer l'adversaire surtout autour du filet.

Basically, Diaz is only a complementary player, is not a 20 minute per game player, is useful as a 40-game per season player, good skater, good shot, however, cannot handle defensive assignments esp. close to the net.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
are people really that upset about an undersized, soft UFA dman that was knocked down the depth chart by Beaulieu (and hasn't played in two+ weeks)?

what were people expecting the return to be?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I think this could be a really good trade. He averages 7:45 per game and has 12 points, that is second in the league in points for someone that averages that amount of ice time.

As i said earlier,he proved he got goal scoring hands in the WHL and the Ahl.
Montreal in my opinion will give him a chance to see if he can be a 35-40 pt NHL guy....
So Wiese will see likey get 12-14-16 minutes at some point,and be told to concentrate less on fighting .

Only then will you really know.

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
If he gives it all every game, hits hard and often, and chips in occasionally offensively, this could be an alright move.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
I don't know why people are getting so upset over trading our UFA to be 7th defenseman for a 4th liner.

Because for once we discovered/developed a player "for nothing", and when a team absolutely desperate for a RHS defenseman comes along, we unload him for nothing/less than nothing. Had a chance to turn him into meaningful assets at least, but a desperate team actually got the better of Bergevin in this one, lol (poll on main board only says 35-3 Vancouver wins so far). How does that even happen...

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL

Adding, c'est pas un gars de 20 minutes par match, c'est un gars de 40 matchs par saison, gabarit moyen, bon patineur, bon tir, mais en terme de responsabilités défensives, a de la misere à contrer l'adversaire surtout autour du filet.

Basically, Diaz is only a complementary player, is not a 20 minute per game player, is useful as a 40-game per season player, good skater, good shot, however, cannot handle defensive assignments esp. close to the net.

Didn't he have the most success when he DID play ~ 20 min per game? Looking quickly over game by game stats, that seems to be the case.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Because for once we discovered/developed a player "for nothing", and when a team absolutely desperate for a RHS defenseman comes along, we unload him for nothing/less than nothing. Had a chance to turn him into meaningful assets at least, but a desperate team actually got the better of Bergevin in this one, lol (poll on main board only says 35-3 Vancouver wins so far). How does that even happen...

But Bergevin is building through the draft.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
As do I (Oilers are my #2 though). Pretty easy to see whose bedtimes prevent them from catching west coast games. Diaz will jump above Weber at the very least in their depth chart. Not to mention, he's going to get used quite a bit right away with the holes on the RHS due to the Bieksa, Weber and Tanev injuries. Vancouver should have been ripe for the picking, and we should have gotten way more than frigging Weise in exchange for patching Vancouver's massive hole on the right side of the defense for them.
Couldn't we have least got Richardson who is a quality third liner? (Oilers are my #3).

My buddy called me laughing after school about the trade. "You guys got Weise... LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Thanks for Diaz man.. solid defenseman. Dale Weise is brutal though! Most hated player on the team. We even like Alberts more."

Ineverplayedthegame

Sep 25, 2013
2012-13 playoffs Pittsburgh Penguins 15 2 1 3 32

Pittsburgh got owned while he was on the the ice at even strenght. The fact that an NHL team was willing to decrease their chance to win any given game in exchange for toughness doesn't make him an NHL calibre player. It just makes that team's decision incredibly stupid.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Didn't he have the most success when he DID play ~ 20 min per game? Looking quickly over game by game stats, that seems to be the case.

Dubé is suggesting that he can't be given 20 minutes on a consistent basis, Diaz's game is flawed on several levels, despite his PMD ability.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2012
I don't know why people are getting so upset over trading our UFA to be 7th defenseman for a 4th liner. We need more forward depth than D depth going forward anyway.

We have Drewiske coming back, plus Pateryn and Tinordi in the AHL. Beaulieu is playing well.

A draft pick will do nothing for us right now. Weise at least has a chance to help out, especially if Moen or Prust goes down. It also means we don't have to play Parros in games where we don't need a heavyweight, and as bad as Weise might be he is no where as bad as Parros.

It's a meh trade based on current needs of both teams. Both players are meh. Really, it's nothing to get upset about.

Not a bad environment for Wiese, either. Alot of similar style players that he can learn from. Just watched some videos and I hope Prust can teach him to fight.

I also liked Diaz, but I'm not so sure he is (could of been) worth more than what some people thought. I hope he does well, doesn't sign in Vancouver, and signs with San Jose. I dunno, I just see him there, maybe playing on the PP with Thornton like overseas.

Funfact: Being from Switzerland, Diaz has mandatory military service, that he still upholds every summer.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

Dube sounds Pejorative Slured there.

Not a 20-minute per-min player? Well he's done it - and looked good.

Good shot? LOLOLOL That's one of Diaz's biggeset weaknesses.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Couldn't we have least got Richardson who is a quality third liner? (Oilers are my #3).

My buddy called me laughing after school about the trade. "You guys got Weise... LOLOLOLOLOLOL. Thanks for Diaz man.. solid defenseman. Dale Weise is brutal though! Most hated player on the team. We even like Alberts more."

Lol......all ya can do right now.

Hopefully i never read PK Subban for John Erskine...ya never know now a days..lol

uiCk

Jan 20, 2009
MTL
Dubé is suggesting that you can't given 20 minutes on a consistent basis, Diaz's game is flawed on several levels, despite his PMD ability.

But he was given 20 min per game most of the times until they suddenly started talking contract, and his minutes dipped alot, and so did his production.

But i mean, if we base our players values on last 20 games or so (which is what everyone is using to dismiss diaz as decent quality asset) then our whole team put together wouldn't be worth a 1st round pick.

EVERYONE SUCKS on the team right now, and that's not because all of a sudden players woke up with less talent and forgot how to play hockey. This team did overachieve last year, which is fine, except we could of gotten a better pick, since obviously PO's was lolfest, getting owned by coaching alone. But, this team is not as bad as the last 20 games or so indicate.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
are people really that upset about an undersized, soft UFA dman that was knocked down the depth chart by Beaulieu (and hasn't played in two+ weeks)?

what were people expecting the return to be?
People aren't upset with the return so much as the fact that he was traded for a scrub to begin with.

Diaz is a Top-4 defenseman on this team. Even if your want to put Beaulieu ahead of him, he's still the 5th best at worst. We've played exactly one good game since he's been scratched. Not saying he'd turn it around, but when he's on the ice for over over 1-goal less per 60 minutes than Murray... that's something that should be utilized, especially when your team scores 4 goals a season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad