Confirmed Signing with Link: [VAN] G Ty Young signs ELC with the Canucks (3 years, $850k AAV)

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I guess it doesn't really matter to him at all, because his path to the NHL is going to very very long anyway. Longer than the contracts they've got on the books. But man it's an awfully crowded situation to sign on to.

That's...7 goaltenders under contract now?

The prospect of working with Ian Clark certainly has to be an enticing one though. Weirdly, even before he came back though, Vancouver still seemed to be a bit of a "goaltender factory" even when Melanson was the guy.

• Love
Reactions: Play

hurdemz

Tub thumpin'
Jul 15, 2022
Ssm, ON
75 people have viewed his profile on elite prospects since this signing 🤷 this is the only info I have on him.

Fulham

Jan 6, 2015
This barely deserved a thread on the Canucks board :laugh: Canucks sign WHL back up for some reason.

• Wow
Reactions: Play

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
If Ian Clark thinks he’s worth it then I’m not going to argue. His track record at identifying talented netminders is impressive.

To be fair, in the past, Clark has also had the team do silly things like...signing his son to a contract. Despite him not really been any good.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
To be fair, in the past, Clark has also had the team do silly things like...signing his son to a contract. Despite him not really been any good.
I know Morgan Clark was a nepo draft pick which is funny in and of itself, but he didn't ever sign.

Edit: it's also completely ruining my brain that Morgan Clark is already 33 years old. I guess they drafted him in 2008* but it feels like they drafted him like 5-10 years ago...

Last edited:

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I know Morgan Clark was a nepo draft pick which is funny in and of itself, but he didn't ever sign.

Edit: it's also completely ruining my brain that Morgan Clark is already 33 years old. I guess they drafted him in 2018 but it feels like they drafted him like 5-10 years ago...

Yeah, i guess you're right. I could've sworn that they signed him to an AHL deal or something, but anyway. Funny footnote in Canucks draft futility over that era nonetheless. It certainly does feel like that was an eternity ago now.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Was one of the four goalies in Hockey Canada's U20 camp this summer.

Any chance he is invited to the final camp next month?

FourQuarters

Mar 31, 2022
Didn't realize he was struggling. Saw only his numbers and his team being in first place.
he's outplayed by their rookie goalie, and Brennan maybe back to PG, they still have an OA Spot. But he's still Young, and nearly every big name goalie in the WHL struggled a little bit this season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad