Proposal: Van - Edm

cbzblaze

Nov 26, 2015
Calgary
Easy no from oil. I think chia and McLennan really like RNH. If they were to move him, our center depth instantly goes poof, and we are one injury away from letestu being our # 2 center = fail. Edlers best days are behind him as well. We could do better.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Than how come the deal hasn't been made yet? Oh ya cause fans don't run teams. Trust me , if we had it our way we would nuke the Canuck ownership, management, and scouting staff.

To be fair fans were discussing Brodin, Sprugeon and Dumba vs RNH as Minnesota needs a center and Edmonton needs another top 4 defenceman, something Minnesota has 5 of.

Also it was reported the both teams were discussing a potential deal. The hold up could be the reported discussion with Colorado or perhaps another team left unmentioned. I have no idea. I'm just a fan. My last name isn't Chiarelli.

I fail to understand what you're doing on the boards in trade proposal threads if it's not to discuss value on trades and compare them to discussion of value verses other assets but ohwell, carry on.

DanCloutiers5hole

May 15, 2012
Van City
To be fair fans were discussing Brodin, Sprugeon and Dumba vs RNH as Minnesota needs a center and Edmonton needs another top 4 defenceman, something Minnesota has 5 of.

Also it was reported the both teams were discussing a potential deal. The hold up could be the reported discussion with Colorado or perhaps another team left unmentioned. I have no idea. I'm just a fan. My last name isn't Chiarelli.

I fail to understand what you're doing on the boards in trade proposal threads if it's not to discuss value on trades and compare them to discussion of value verses other assets but ohwell, carry on.

Please see post #16 , I mention how value for a top 4 dman is higher than ever before and IMO based on recent transactions fan determination of value is greatly skewed. Therefore I believe a Edler for RNH swap is more even than most predict regardless of age , contract, and any other variable you can use in conjecture.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
To all EDM fans saying Edler is "past his prime" and "lost a step," he's actually played the best hockey of his career the last two seasons.

His defensive game is far better than when he was putting up 40+ points a season, and his ES production is still close to those years.

A 30+ point D who plays well in all three zones is more valuable than an offensive D who is a liability in his own end.

That being said, I don't see a fit between these two teams.

I can't recall such a steep decline in all my years as a Canucks fan as I saw with Edler out last season.

And EDM likely prefers a younger D in return for RNH.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
I know the Hall trade is lost on many but Larsson is treading upwards, 23yrs old and signed till 2021 at an excellent cap hit. Top 4 RD that's the hardest position to fill in the game.

Larsson will be our Tanev.

A #1/2 22 yr center holds more value to us than a 29yr #2 LD.

Edler would be an excellent add if we weren't facing an expansion draft. We're already protecting Larsson, Klefbom and Sekera with Nurse exempt.

Your D core is young, this has been a problem for Edmonton for a long time, having an experience veteran to take the pressure off the young players would be great for your young D core. I think it's a good move for the Oilers, Edler would really improve that D core, brings some size and is an all around solid D man in his prime years.

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Ok what separates Larsson from Gudbranson? Save for the fact one cost a prospect who may one day score 70 points in a season to a guy dealt for a 70 point winger.?
Neither are high offence, both are pretty good defensively. But one has been doing it the past 3 seasons compared to the guy doing it 1? (Remember the latter is the cost of the actual 70 point winger)

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
It is my opinion that Edler does not fit.

1. We need RHD
  2. We need PP QB D
  3. We need a offensively contributing D

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
[/B]

Please see post #16 , I mention how value for a top 4 dman is higher than ever before and IMO based on recent transactions fan determination of value is greatly skewed. Therefore I believe a Edler for RNH swap is more even than most predict regardless of age , contract, and any other variable you can use in conjecture.

The defensemen that go for a high value have been young and emerging. Not old and on the verge of decline. No interest in Edler.

Avenger*

What need does another left shot d-man fill on the Oilers?

Pass.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
After getting Larsson EDM is not in a rush to over pay for another dman, EDM has a lot of young dmen coming up as they have drafted a lot of dmen so I don't see EDM over paying again

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad