Confirmed with Link: [VAN/EDM] Canucks trade F Kellan Lain for F Will Acton

McPaul*

Had to look to find this one. I'm glad you posted it cause it didn't let me post a trade. Not a blockbuster, but doesn't make a lot of sense either. Giving up his size? How many games has acton played in this yr?

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
AHL move I guess, at least it shows benning at least remotely working the phones

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Crappy AHL player for crappy AHL player.

But this is a win for us, however small.

Acton is a bit better player with more experience, is a better player at the AHL level, and we save % since Acton has a $100k AHL salary and Lain is at $200k.

EchoesoftheEighties

HF Oil's Unofficial Shitposter
Jan 30, 2006
Edmonton
Seems like an AHL fodder for AHL fodder type deal?

Acton sucks and only has NHL numbers because his dad is an Oiler assistant coach. Lain seems like an AHL guy too

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I doubt Acton sees time with the Canucks this year. I'm sure Cal O'Reilly gets called up before him.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Crappy AHL player for crappy AHL player.

But this is a win for us, however small.

Acton is a bit better player with more experience, is a better player at the AHL level, and we save % since Acton has a $100k AHL salary and Lain is at $200k.

Just came here to post this after I heard this on the radio. I always hoped we could somehow develop Lain into a Gaustad type player but he seems to have regressed since last year and he wasn't really that good to begin with. He still has an awesome stat for quickest fight in their NHL career I believe from that goonery in Calgary though. All I know about Acton is he is the son of one of the Oiler's assistant coaches which is why I'm guessing he has played in the NHL as he certainly is not an NHL calibre player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad