Confirmed Trade: [VAN/DET] Filip Hronek and 2023 4th round pick for 2023 NYI 1st round pick and 2023 2nd round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtydanglez

Oct 30, 2022
Who won the game just curious?

For the record most Wings fans including myself like Hronek, we aren't the GM and didn't want to trade him.
not really relevant when judging a single player. without hronek the cancuks probably dont walk away with a point for that game.

Reactions: nucks88

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
Points is Hronek by a lot

TOI is Hronek by 1 minute

Seider is better for sure and the guy I'd want but maybe Hronek is due a little respect.lol
My opinion on the two has always been that Seider is significantly better defensively but Hronek is significantly better offensively.

All things being equal I could see Hronek topping out at 75-80 points and Seider topping out at 60-65 points.

ASP has the potential to be better than both of them but we will see. I have a lot of hope for Sandin-Pellikka. I think he may turn out to be the best D prospect outside of the NHL.

crashnburnluder

Dec 19, 2010
This thread is just weird at this point, teams move players and said players can break out (Hronek), just stay even, or plummet (Huberdeau). Van wins now with how Hronek is playing but he wasn't really in our window. Instead we will have ASP on cheap contract in our window if he pans out. Im happy for Hronek, its awesome to see what he can do we a very good offensive team. He had to be used like a #1 in Detroit where he can settle in behind Hughes and be a lot more comfortable and it works for him.

I don't think it happens but Van fans better be careful with all the Chest puffing now, its setting him up for a big pay day, and could end up flipping the entire script if he gets paid too much and takes a step back.

either way, so far in favor of Van, but we wont know the truth for years.

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
Gotta be honest as a wings fan I’m not losing any sleep over hronek whatsoever. In the biggest moments he gets bullied physically, is a mediocre skater, and makes defensive gaffes all the time. At least he was that way for us, happy for canucks fans that they like him and he’s been good for them but I was never a fan of Hronek and his playstyle. Just not accountable and felt like he put up empty stats with us. ASP on the other hand looks incredible and fits what we need in the future more.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Truth be told, Canuck fans would most likely take Allvin out back to be drawn and quartered if he picked Danielson or ASP with our pick, but so glad that it suits Wings needs just fine. It's looking like a win win trade in the truest sense.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Truth be told, Canuck fans would most likely take Allvin out back to be drawn and quartered if he picked Danielson or ASP with our pick, but so glad that it suits Wings needs just fine. It's looking like a win win trade in the truest sense.

Because of positional needs or because you don't want a great prospect? Weird backhanded post either way

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Wings fans being pretty embarrassing. I say this as a Wings fan.

Hronek was great for the Wings, no surprise he is doing even better for a team that can play offense (unlike the Wings teams Hronek played for). His defensive errors were overblown, especially over the last couple seasons. Seider still makes more than Hronek per game on average, but Seider is big so those are ignored and forgiven. When your big you are a franchise D, smaller = offensive D who makes tons of mistakes. That's Red Wings fans current formula. Edvinsson will get the same treatment.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Because of positional needs or because you don't want a great prospect? Weird backhanded post either way
Danielson is because it'll be too safe a pick, he was the only high pick that few Canuck fans wanted after there were rumors Allvin was after (see our draft thread). And ASP is two fold, because yes, there is already a Quinn Hughes, but also while not addressing an organisational need for a rh "stopper", it will mean we passed on both Benson and Willander for him at 11.

Reactions: LarKing

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
This thread is just weird at this point, teams move players and said players can break out (Hronek), just stay even, or plummet (Huberdeau). Van wins now with how Hronek is playing but he wasn't really in our window. Instead we will have ASP on cheap contract in our window if he pans out. Im happy for Hronek, its awesome to see what he can do we a very good offensive team. He had to be used like a #1 in Detroit where he can settle in behind Hughes and be a lot more comfortable and it works for him.

I don't think it happens but Van fans better be careful with all the Chest puffing now, its setting him up for a big pay day, and could end up flipping the entire script if he gets paid too much and takes a step back.

either way, so far in favor of Van, but we wont know the truth for years.

Honestly, I think it's a win-win. Hronek has been very good for the Canucks and the Wings got a very good prospect in ASP. Honestly, I didn't expect ASP to be available by the Isles pick so had the deal been at the trade deadline, I would have been very disappointed. Wings have the potential to do very well out of the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad