Confirmed with Link: [VAN/DAL] Canucks acquire F Jason Dickinson for 2021 3rd Round Pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC
Really good defensive 3rd line C to pick up that can hopefully shift the burden off the top 2 lines when it comes to shutdown. Need to surround Dickinson with other defensive players though for it to really work

Like Dickinson a lot though, should be a great bottom 6 addition for us. Stops Jimbo from overspending in FA

Reactions: bh53 and Fraser28

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Dave Dickinson for being a “defensive forward” was a minus player in 3 of the 6 NHL years and has a 44% career face off winning percentage.

Just cuz forwards don’t put up offence doesn’t make them good defensive.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC

yup it's guys like this the team should have been moving out picks for/bringing in over the last few years and we could have been competitive and deep during Petey's and Hughes' ELC's

Again, hopefully opens up way more offense for Petey/Brock/Miller next year by taking some burden from them on going 1v1 against top lines and pairings. That is if Green can line match at all

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
I think Drance saying toughest need to fill is laughable.

They need two top 4 blue liners (at a minimum) and one needs to be top pairing. Dickinson is a decent player but ultimately it’s not the biggest need the club has. They are a long long ways from being competitive with or without this acquisition.

tiny103

Jun 28, 2008
Ottawa
Sedins must have made this deal if its any good ;) Good pick up. This is how i imagined retooling our bottom six would look (Assuming we sign him to something reasonable)

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
The big thing here will be what it costs to sign Dickinson. That could really make or break whether this deal was worth it or not.

Seems like we're not going to get a lot of offence from him, but his defensive metrics look excellent and I hope that we can form a very competent matchup line.

Red

Dec 14, 2002
VanCity
Visit site
No problem with this. Good player, will fill the 3C role better than Sutter, ok price to pay. One of our more compotent trades.

I'm only scared about how much Benning will overpay him on his contract.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Maybe a Motte/Dickinson/Podz third line? I originally thought Roussel instead of Motte but I'm not sure he still has the motor. Which suggests our 4th line will still be old and slow for the most part.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
The big thing here will be what it costs to sign Dickinson. That could really make or break whether this deal was worth it or not.

Seems like we're not going to get a lot of offence from him, but his defensive metrics look excellent and I hope that we can form a very competent matchup line.

He’s going to get the same price as Sutter last year. Lol.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Draft picks are assets meant to acquire players. A 3rd has a minuscule chance of becoming an NHL player. Using a 3rd from this weird draft to immediately upgrade the most pressing forward hole on the team is a smart move. I have no critique about the reasoning behind the trade.

I know nothing of Dickinson but he’s the kind of player I was looking at yesterday. Fits in the team’s competitive window and upgrades the 3rd line C that has been a huge black hole. This also means there’s no room for Sutter and further reduces the teams cap space they can use to acquire an overpaid 30 year old forward. The way I look at it, the forwards are “done” and fixing the defence should be the focus.

People need to remember the Canucks are a win now team and a 3rd is not some untouchable piece.

I don’t know enough about Dickenson to have an opinion on this trade, but there should be more to it than that, including where a team is. From what people are saying this sounds very much like a win now move which I think is stupid given the talent on the team and the cap situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad