Confirmed with Link: [VAN/CHI] Canucks acquire F Matthew Highmore for F Adam Gaudette

Status
Not open for further replies.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015
I Hope Gaudette lights it up with Kane if given the chance. At least he won't be strapped to 1 assist Brandon Sutter.

Reactions: Bubbles

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
This just has to be Gaudette being the fall guy for the outbreak - traded him for 25yr minor leaguer.

RussianRacket

He/Him/His Pronouns
Dec 29, 2019
Coast Salish Unceded Territory
I am going to guess there is some combination here of nobody on the team liking Gaudette as well as patient zero for COVID. Its entirely possible the group of players are absolutely f***ing furious with him and demanded that he be gotten rid of ASAP.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
This will be a terrible trade for this team but the *asterisk here is that I would guess that Gaudette is being fired into the sun for causing the COVID outbreak.

Highmore is fast and I'm guessing they're going for another Tyler Motte here although Highmore is 3 years older than Motte when we acquired him and less dynamic than Motte.

Gaudette will break out when put at wing with good players.

Pretty well my thoughts here. This seems like a move we didn't really need to make. I don't get it, but that's what I've come to expect out of this bunch.

Reactions: Burnaby Schmo

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
I was content to lose Gaudette for nothing pre corona.

Corona didn’t change my mind. I don’t think he skates well enough to be an effect player on a playoff team.

I do think it’s unfortunate they couldn’t do better in the offseason coming off all those soft points.

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
Probably unrightfully blamed for the COVID outbreak.

Also didn’t seem like he was valued much by Green.

Just another feather in the cap of a shit season.

JumpierPegasus

Mar 3, 2011
Abbotsford, BC

It's entirely cap based, Pearson was chosen over Gaudette despite Gaud being RFA controlled and having a less productive contract year pure stats wise. Could have locked him up at decent term and price but went for 29yo Pearson instead

Mind boggling but I guess at least we got something that they can afford because Benning strapped this bottom feeding team so tight to the cap

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
I am going to guess there is some combination here of nobody on the team liking Gaudette as well as patient zero for COVID. Its entirely possible the group of players are absolutely f***ing furious with him and demanded that he be gotten rid of ASAP.
So management doesn’t listen to the players who wanted Tanev, Markstrom, Toffoli, Stecher back but randomly start listening with Pearson & Gaudette?

Reactions: vanuck and geebaan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad