Confirmed with Link: [VAN/CAR] Canucks acquire 2015 3rd (66TH OA), 2016 7th for G Eddie Lack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim McCracken

Good loser = LOSER!
Jan 4, 2010
Jail
This franchise is completely dysfunctional. On top of that, the GM is a raging moron.

Yes, and it starts with ownership but I can hardly wait for Linden's mug to flash across my tv screen reinforcing their vision to the fanbase. Overrated player, overrated team exec.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
I mean, i guess the Canes probably flip Khudobin to the Oilers now, where he's got some familiarity with Chiarelli.

Probably for more than we got for Lack, and then the Canucks board burns to the ground. :laugh:

I see Khudobin for a third and fifth.
Yep...
That is better than what Lack got.
#tearsofunfathomablesadness
:cry:

ugghhh

Apr 17, 2009
Well.. beyond the return, I was hoping he'd go somewhere he could be the starter.

If they got that return for Markstrom it would make more sense.

We could have traded down 5 spots and gotten a better pick ....

VanCanucks53

Jul 6, 2007
Calgary
Stupid move. Didnt want to trade Lack to begin with but had accepted it since it was clearly inevitable but to see this return? Awful.

Why not trade Markstrom if this is the return you're getting for Lack. I'd rather even have gotten a 5th for Markstrom and have kept Lack.

I've disliked a lot of Benning's moves but have still been patient with him and taken a more wait and see approach but come on. I just dont feel anything positive happening. Its been one misstep after another.

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
What a ****ing moron. Lehner went for a ****ing 1st Jesus Christ. And he ruined the Bieksa deal. So upset right now. Should have just traded Markstrom.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
It wouldn't surprise me if they trade Demko in two years for a 6th rder, low level prospect to make room for another veteran UFA signing goaltender. Ugh. ****.

Hopefully someone competent is in charge by then.
#glasshalffull

Rex Banner

Custom User Title
Aug 22, 2013
I can't wait to watch Miller and Markstrom **** the bed next season. Way to trade away the one guy that actually got the building making some noise.

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
3rd round pick in a deep draft I like the trade... Lack was never going to lead us to a Stanley Cup. Too many goalies are available to get a bidding war..

Don't ever love a player only like him.... I get lack was funny and seemed like one of your buddies but he's a middle tier goalie. Maybe the 3rd rd pick will lead Nucks to a cup one day IDK but I do know Lack would of never done it

Lack can't lead you to a cup but you think a 3rd round pick could?

Benning should have absolutely kept Lack, he played much better than Vancouver's current options.

Jay Cee

P4G
May 8, 2007
Halifax
Meh, it was not a great return. I don't see why we had to pull the trigger today, unless someone was in that 2-3 round that they really liked and think they could get.

Don't really see the big deal. I guess I just don't see the quality goalie so many other people see, or want to see because they like his twitter antics. I was kind of prepared for the inevitability of this, it was not a very good goalie market, as I said from the start of the off season.

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
We're all ungrateful. Everyone railed against Gillis, but Schneider returned 9th overall. He was in a tough place and made a decision that made us better.

What does this get us? Crappy pick and Heartbreak. Basically a catch and win ticket.

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
Well.. beyond the return, I was hoping he'd go somewhere he could be the starter.

If they got that return for Markstrom it would make more sense.

We could have traded down 5 spots and gotten a better pick ....

Lack will be the starter.
He is already better than both of Carolina's current goalies.
Both of them are also UFAs next year...
So either one of them is not that hard to get rid of.

The Canucks got swindled by Carolina.
That just brings more tears to my eyes.
#tearsofunfathomablesadness
:cry:

TARS

May 3, 2009
Vancouver
It's not even surprising. You could see this coming from the day Miller was signed to that ridiculous contract. It basically assured we'd be losing Lack for less than value.

Almost every move that has been made under this management group has been in the wrong direction.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
glass half full time: Benning got the 7th instead of adding it this time. Recouped the one we have to pay Tampa to take Garrison.

Tim McCracken

Good loser = LOSER!
Jan 4, 2010
Jail
We're all ungrateful. Everyone railed against Gillis, but Schneider returned 9th overall.

And for good reason. Schneider is a way better goalie than Lack and Gillis should have received a decent roster player in addition to the pick. Doesn't change the fact I think Lack is worth more than his return though but it's not like they turned down a 2nd, it likely was never even tabled. Didn't like the signing of Miller at the time, didn't like it during the season, and like it less now.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
What a ****ing moron. Lehner went for a ****ing 1st Jesus Christ. And he ruined the Bieksa deal. So upset right now. Should have just traded Markstrom.

This is a crappy return, no doubt.

But the Lehner trade is definitely the wrong measuring stick to go by.

Lehner is a few years younger, controlled asset well beyond this season, after which Lack is going to be either seeking at least "low end starter money", or potentially just walking outright. And it's pretty clear in the end that Tim Murray had eyes only for Lehner with his familiarity there.

This still sucks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad