Proposal: VAN - BUF (2021 Offseason)

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
Before coming to Van, Schmidt was seen a legit, No.2 Top Pairing Dman.
People have a hate-on for Vancouver and Van has had a tough year....so obviously the "what have you done for me lately" and team bias thing kicks in and now Schmidt is just seen as "an okay Dman".
He's very good and when the Canucks rebound next year and become a winning team again, some people will change their tune.
Vaccines are rolling out, the cap world will increase again.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Ristolainen is just not good. He's not folks. If you want Tyler Myers 2.0, have at er.

Schmidt is the Canucks best defenseman (not that is says much lol). If they're going to trade him, the team is going into a full-fledged rebuild. If that's the case, we need futures. Not younger Tyler Myers.
Risto I'm my opinion has never been used right. He's an offensive guy with a nasty side. However defensively he needs a responsible partner to cover his pinching in. He's nothing like Myers other than big. Myers is soft and better defensively than Risto but that's not saying much. What Canucks really need is two stay at home Dman to partner with Hughes and Schmidt. Risto is not it I know however I wouldn't hate having him either.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Ristolainen is just not good. He's not folks. If you want Tyler Myers 2.0, have at er.

Schmidt is the Canucks best defenseman (not that is says much lol). If they're going to trade him, the team is going into a full-fledged rebuild. If that's the case, we need futures. Not younger Tyler Myers.

Myers is more like a tall Montour than Risto, if we're comparing him to current Sabres D. Montour can be all yours, too, if you want more where that came from, though. And for the low, low price of whatever, just take him.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Risto I'm my opinion has never been used right. He's an offensive guy with a nasty side. However defensively he needs a responsible partner to cover his pinching in. He's nothing like Myers other than big. Myers is soft and better defensively than Risto but that's not saying much. What Canucks really need is two stay at home Dman to partner with Hughes and Schmidt. Risto is not it I know however I wouldn't hate having him either.

Myers and Risto are both big, good-skating, offensively inclined defensemen who are terrible at defending and don't even score much at even strength. The only difference is Risto hits more. And with his contract, yah, but no thanks. If we want a defensive defender, Jake McCabe is a UFA and is legitimately one of the better defenders in the league by defensive impact. And he's still just 27.

Your evaluation of players is off, because by pretty much any defensive metric, Myers is one of the worst defending defensemen in the NHL.

Myers is more like a tall Montour than Risto, if we're comparing him to current Sabres D. Montour can be all yours, too, if you want more where that came from, though. And for the low, low price of whatever, just take him.

Yah, gonna pass on that too.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Myers and Risto are both big, good-skating, offensively inclined defensemen who are terrible at defending and don't even score much at even strength. The only difference is Risto hits more. And with his contract, yah, but no thanks. If we want a defensive defender, Jake McCabe is a UFA and is legitimately one of the better defenders in the league by defensive impact. And he's still just 27.

Your evaluation of players is off, because by pretty much any defensive metric, Myers is one of the worst defending defensemen in the NHL.
Maybe I'm wrong but we still need defensively responsible guys to partner with Schmidt and Hughes so I'd take a chance with McCabe if he's as advertised by yourself to partner with Schmidt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad