Speculation: Value of MoJo to Buffalo?

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
Hi All,

Sabres fan coming in peace... Just wondering what the asking price for Johansson would be from the Sabres at the draft or prior to next year?

Thoughts?

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Hi All,

Sabres fan coming in peace... Just wondering what the asking price for Johansson would be from the Sabres at the draft or prior to next year?

Thoughts?

Package for Ehrhoff. That's the only player on Buffalo that they'd potentially move and makes any sense for the Caps.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
MaJo definitely in place as a trade bait. As NBTW posted Ehrhoff makes the most sense. Myers might need a change of scenery which would be expensive...like a 1st one of Burakovsky/Kuz and something like Orlov (or Green if semi tank).

discobob

Listen... do you smell something?
Dec 2, 2009
Everything
MaJo definitely in place as a trade bait. As NBTW posted Ehrhoff makes the most sense. Myers might need a change of scenery which would be expensive...like a 1st one of Burakovsky/Kuz and something like Orlov (or Green if semi tank).

I think Myers stock has fallen quite a bit this year, but I don't watch the Sabres enough to really say. Depending on Caps draft pick, maybe Majo, 1st, + lower prospect?

Blitz

Let's Go B-U-F-F-A-L-O!!!
Dec 14, 2009
Ontario
I think Myers stock has fallen quite a bit this year, but I don't watch the Sabres enough to really say. Depending on Caps draft pick, maybe Majo, 1st, + lower prospect?

The exact opposite is true actually. Myers' stock is back up to where it was after his Calder year - He is showing physicality and actually playing as a top-2 d-man.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com

I don't think his stock is fallen all that far. Buffalo is in a rebuild. Hard to look good in that situ stats wise. That said a trade of Myers that might accelerate a rebuild might be attractive to Buffalo.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
I don't think his stock is fallen all that far. Buffalo is in a rebuild. Hard to look good in that situ stats wise. That said a trade of Myers that might accelerate a rebuild might be attractive to Buffalo.
I like Myers but I wouldn't give up the farm for him. Would only want to base a deal around Green and the Sabres don't want that.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
I don't want Myers at all. I'd rather have Ehrhoff, but honestly, I just don't know if anyone from the Sabres would be a perfect fit.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
Package for Ehrhoff. That's the only player on Buffalo that they'd potentially move and makes any sense for the Caps.

I totally agree this would be obvious and several of us have suggested that it would be an ideal fit.

A package with MJ+1st would be the major pieces I'd suspect.

RE: Myers - He's 24 and fit perfect for Buffalo's future. He is far from what we need however as he doesn't have the experience that a guy like Ehrhoff has.

I think this kind of MJ+ for Ehrhoff package makes a great deal of sense for both teams.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
Mojo has more value than people think. He is a twenty three year old first or second line player that has played both center and wing with varying degrees of success with one season over 45 points already under his belt. I don't think he would come all that cheaply.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
But Mike Green DRIVES play...

Mike-Green-Vespa-e1293112449690.jpg

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
But Mike Green DRIVES play...

Well you either believe in those stats or you don't.

The more I learn about them, the more I watch players and see, the more they seem to be in large part accurate.

Alex Ovechkin is a -30 or something. Its no coincidence that he has the lowest PDO on the team at .965 (he's been getting unlucky). Mike Green btw is at .974

I understand irrational hate clouding the judgment of fans and I truly believe this is a case of that.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
Mojo has more value than people think. He is a twenty three year old first or second line player that has played both center and wing with varying degrees of success with one season over 45 points already under his belt. I don't think he would come all that cheaply.

He has 2 goals at even strength playing with Backstrom and Ovechkin for 14 minutes a night.

If he has value around the league it's because some GM out there is an idiot.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
He has 2 goals at even strength playing with Backstrom and Ovechkin for 14 minutes a night.

If he has value around the league it's because some GM out there is an idiot.

LOL....because they're even strength beasts? Come on....silly argument to make. He's got plenty of value and upside still.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad