Value of Mark Stuart

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Great leadership will never compensate for bad play, intangibles are far more important in great players, not crappy ones.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Prior to this contract, I think he had trade value. Now? I don't think so. He might at the TD in the last year of this contract.

This year was the really bad one at 3.3 but, yeah I think his value has probably dropped. A year ago he might have been perceived as a gritty, shot blocking, hard hitting, crease clearing, old fashioned defenseman but I think the scouts and even the old school GMs will have caught up to him by now. Might get a late pick for him. I'd jump at the chance.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Mark Stuart = 0 value

Pardy or Postma should be playing over him.

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
Who said anything about having a beer with anyone? It is about leadership, character, and ethic - I don't think this player is nearly as bad as he is painted in here and contributes in ways cute pie charts can't show. You do not need to be an athlete to understand that people like that are a requirement for cohesiveness and stability in a team dynamic.

General managers are human resource and asset resource managers, and they understand the nuances of what pieces are needed for a good team. There is zero doubt in my mind that general managers would covet what Stuart brings. Just because you can't count it doesn't mean there isn't value.

Whatever he brings, this team has never won a playoff game with him.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Mark Stuart = 0 value

Pardy or Postma should be playing over him.

EHw9XsX.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

The offensive numbers are almost identical in spite of many Pardy Dangles but look at the difference in the shot metrics! Of course Pardy's are from a much smaller sample because Maurice plays him so little.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
EHw9XsX.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

The offensive numbers are almost identical in spite of many Pardy Dangles but look at the difference in the shot metrics! Of course Pardy's are from a much smaller sample because Maurice plays him so little.

Even going back a few years it seems like Pardy has always been a pretty dominant Corsi player. These numbers are quite something. He must have either been heavily sheltered throughout his career or he is a closet top 2 defenseman :sarcasm:

XH7LBTh.png

lj8EK2p.png

CR8nVxZ.png

55wyonC.png

VSWZ6Wi.png

IaOGOVv.png

Do1VRZR.png

:m-shocked:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Even going back a few years it seems like Pardy has always been a pretty dominant Corsi player. These numbers are quite something. He must have either been heavily sheltered throughout his career or he is a closet top 2 defenseman.

:m-shocked:

But he can't get his butt out of the PB on a team that plays mark ******* Stuart.

Last edited:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Pardy plays sheltered minutes... but ****, wouldn't you prefer not being outscored and shot in those sheltered minutes like #Stuuuuuuuuu is?

I want those sheltered minutes to be the most boring, low event hockey we ever watch.

Then I want our 2 top pairs to come back on the ice, and do their thing. :nod: I don't get the Stu over Pardy thing myself - Pardy isn't the best d-man in the league, but he's a very serviceable bottom pairing guy.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
I want those sheltered minutes to be the most boring, low event hockey we ever watch.

Then I want our 2 top pairs to come back on the ice, and do their thing. :nod: I don't get the Stu over Pardy thing myself - Pardy isn't the best d-man in the league, but he's a very serviceable bottom pairing guy.

I just don't understand when people point out imperfections with Pardy or Postma... Of course they have faults... they are third pair defenders. Bottom of the team.

Just which one has more faults and which one do the faults are more likely to impact the team more negatively.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
With regards to the argument for Mark Stuart. Do we not think there might be someone somewhere in another league either in North Americanor Europe that could bring what Sturt brings but is a better puck mover or skater? I mean I would think there'd but someone somewhere.

Also Stuart is what some people still think is what a defensive defenseman is but I think that has changed and we actually have what a defensive defenseman is in this day and age. You want someone that can be good one on one, can make all the defensive reads and is good at shot suppression. But what seperates them is being able to move the puck. Tobias Enstrom is, IMO, what and ideal defensive defenseman is nowadays. Great puck mover and great at stop potential chances. Someone you wanna give heavy 5v5 minutes and PK minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad