Proposal: Value of Jamie Benn

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I made my own thread on this for a few reasons, mainly the trade talk dies down now.

But in order to keep JT here and resign him before July 1st, the Isles need to connect with Dallas in some form or fashion to trade for this player.

Many reasons

1. JT sees commitment

2. Benn is the missing piece that this team needs, a no nonsense 3 zone player who will drop the gloves

3. Isles need to filter out the players that show up with 50% attedance (Strome/Nelson)... I hope Strome goes in Expansion and Nelson is part of this trade

4. Isles have too many guys to protect, if you put Nelson, Pulock, and Barzal in this deal you can protect the proper 9 guys

5. Benn would play with JT and Lee can play with Beau and JHS

6. Dallas needs to shed salary and they already got rid of one Benn

I know this may be a pie in the sky concept but if there is one player to try and acquire and overpay for it is this guy

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
No way Dal would trade Benn.

I didn't want to seem Peter Pan'ish in this thread, but there are maybe 10 players in the league that would be considered not up trade

Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, Holtby, Kane, Keith, McDavid, Matthews, Laine and Price.

Beyond that I would not be shocked any other player being dealt.

The pot would have to be sweetened, they would have a soft spot for Bellows...

Isles need to make that kind of splash in the offseason, they are jettisoned now to being a fringe team.

If there every is a time to go "Milbury" it would be this offseason and catching Dallas when they are down... Benn is superior to Yashin in so many ways too

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I wouldn't even know where to start? He's signed long term so that boosts his value.

Without completely knowing DAL needs, I would offer 17'1st,18'1st,Nelson and MDC/Bellows

I can't imagine DAL would be too thrilled but for argument sake I guess that's a good base.

TommytheCat

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
I wouldn't even know where to start? He's signed long term so that boosts his value.

Without completely knowing DAL needs, I would offer 17'1st,18'1st,Nelson and MDC/Bellows

I can't imagine DAL would be too thrilled but for argument sake I guess that's a good base.

why would Dallas deal a bonafide star player for futures and Brock burnout nelson ? that's like a team asking for JT for picks , we would laugh or be insulted ... Dallas is not trading Jamie Benn fellas ... nice dream though

Bood12

Oct 12, 2016
if Benn has a NMC, I am pretty sure he is going to refuse any trade to the Islanders, Islanders are about as least of a diserable place to play in for any respectable player

blitzkriegs

May 26, 2003
Beach & Mtn & Island
Visit site
* Snow goes hard after MD, JE or someone else and secures him.

* Acquires a backup to Greiss.

* Nelson is traded in a deal or lost to LV. Isles know he can score, but obvious his defensive-side hurts more than just the goals he scores.

* Makes further roster adjustments to incorporate Barzal and one of Pelech/Pulock/Mayfield full time next year.

* Coach is TBD.

* GM might be TBD...

* Ledecky makes some big offseason news re management, player personnel, and maybe arena stuff.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
I made my own thread on this for a few reasons, mainly the trade talk dies down now.

But in order to keep JT here and resign him before July 1st, the Isles need to connect with Dallas in some form or fashion to trade for this player.

Many reasons

1. JT sees commitment

2. Benn is the missing piece that this team needs, a no nonsense 3 zone player who will drop the gloves

3. Isles need to filter out the players that show up with 50% attedance (Strome/Nelson)... I hope Strome goes in Expansion and Nelson is part of this trade

4. Isles have too many guys to protect, if you put Nelson, Pulock, and Barzal in this deal you can protect the proper 9 guys

5. Benn would play with JT and Lee can play with Beau and JHS

6. Dallas needs to shed salary and they already got rid of one Benn

I know this may be a pie in the sky concept but if there is one player to try and acquire and overpay for it is this guy

He's definitely on that untouchable list. And, in the odd chance the Dallas GM has a "Benning" moment, they would absolutely want a number 1 stud goalie in return which we have absolutely none of. Sorokin is too far off for them to consider that. He'd be a great pickup for all of the teams in the league and highly sought after and it's just as much of a pipe dream as it was thinking we could sign Stamkos.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Honestly don't think there is an offer NYI could put together to get Benn.

Maybe something like Leddy, Hamonic, Barzal, Sorokin, Lee, 1st, but Benn is the guy that sets the Stars' identity, much like Tavares here.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
if Benn has a NMC, I am pretty sure he is going to refuse any trade to the Islanders, Islanders are about as least of a diserable place to play in for any respectable player

This is as annoying an Isles fan mantra as any of the false narratives a majority of fans continue to spew. In the las tseveral years the Isles have had no trouble signing players to stay here long term whether homegrown, traded for, or signed in free agency. Give it up. It's just not true anymore

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
good chance redbull and seafoam line-up next to Tavares before Benn does - Jamie or Jordie.

Benn is outstanding - but no way the Isles land him. No way.

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
This is as annoying an Isles fan mantra as any of the false narratives a majority of fans continue to spew. In the las tseveral years the Isles have had no trouble signing players to stay here long term whether homegrown, traded for, or signed in free agency. Give it up. It's just not true anymore

He's just salty about the loss last night. He ventured far enough to make an RIP 16-17 thread already...
I agree with you, but the Barclays nonsense doesn't help clear that narrative.

As much as Benn is exactly what this team needs, I don't know if the Isles have enough in the pool to get it done. Unless you're willing to go Barzal, Sorokin and Pulock which I'm sure no one is okay with.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
good chance redbull and seafoam line-up next to Tavares before Benn does - Jamie or Jordie.

Benn is outstanding - but no way the Isles land him. No way.

I'd be the Anders Lee on that line for sure. ;)

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Maybe something like Leddy, Hamonic, Barzal, Sorokin, Lee, 1st, .

It doesn't make sense financially to make that trade. It won't happen unless something unforeseen and drastic happens that destroys the relationship between the Stars and Benn.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
It doesn't make sense financially to make that trade. It won't happen unless something unforeseen and drastic happens that destroys the relationship between the Stars and Benn.

I agree, I just making the point that the price would be astronomically high.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I would give the Duchene asking price for Benn in a heartbeat. Barzal, Dal Colle, Pulock , 1st, DeHaan - let them pick the pieces they want.

That really does nothing for Dallas. de Haan is a good middle pairing defenseman and Benn has more goals this season than Barzal, Dal Colle, and Pulock have games played in the NHL...

Benn is Tavares level.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Are we trading JT? No? Then no Benn.. I mean yeah the guy would make us a contender but that's the same reason why we aren't getting him.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
But.. but... he's the missing piece.

If we're going to find some missing pieces - I have a few requests aside from Ryan Pulock......

Are we trading JT? No? Then no Benn.. I mean yeah the guy would make us a contender but that's the same reason why we aren't getting him.

I'm kinda lost in your circular logic here but since I'm already confused, can we also add Erik Karlsson, Viktor Hedman, Matt Duchene and I'm really liking Mitch Marner - oh, and Carey Price.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
If we're going to find some missing pieces - I have a few requests aside from Ryan Pulock......

No, no. Jamie Benn is the missing piece. Pulock is the perfect solution. They may seem similar, but these are two different flavored pies in the sky.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad