Proposal: Value of Haula

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
I'll start by saying Jets fan here and that outside of Jets/Wild games I haven't watched many Minny games this year so won't pretend to know anything about needs/values/roles etc.

That said seems like every time I see Wild roster updates on the ticker Haula has been a healthy scratch. I was impressed by what I saw when I watched a few more games last year, then he had quite a nice run in the playoffs for you guys. Has his play fallen off? Victim of depth? Bringing him along slowly?

We need an upgrade to our brutal 4th line. Would the Wild be open to moving him to the Jets? If so what would he cost? Picks? Prospects? We have depth dmen in spades.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
1 Byfuglien please.

He's taken a step back, definitely has potential, but I heard something about him getting lazy during the off-season. I wouldn't want to move him with his value so low right now.

I doubt the Wild would trade anybody to a divisional playoff contender at this point in the season too.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I'll start by saying Jets fan here and that outside of Jets/Wild games I haven't watched many Minny games this year so won't pretend to know anything about needs/values/roles etc.

That said seems like every time I see Wild roster updates on the ticker Haula has been a healthy scratch. I was impressed by what I saw when I watched a few more games last year, then he had quite a nice run in the playoffs for you guys. Has his play fallen off? Victim of depth? Bringing him along slowly?

We need an upgrade to our brutal 4th line. Would the Wild be open to moving him to the Jets? If so what would he cost? Picks? Prospects? We have depth dmen in spades.

we have too many depth d-men, too. Haula has been really ineffective this year and is being scratched accordingly. I'm not sure how long that'll go on now that cooke is out for good, though. He's not worth a whole lot at this point but there is hope based off last year that he can turn it around to be a solid third line guy with scoring upside--enough hope to keep him around rather than trade for the sake of it IMO.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wrong time to be trading Haula, IMO, unless it is part of a package for something really good... don't ask me what.

Very disappointed in his play

teddy83

Nov 2, 2013
Haula's value at this point is probably a bag of pucks and one pylon(Koribinian Holtzer)

tgo0

Aug 28, 2007
Winnipeg
Thanks for the feedback. Like I said I had literally no knowledge of his situation.

Know that trading in the division is less likely and sounds like you guys aren't too keen on letting him go for cheap, just cause I'm bored would a 3rd be fairish value? Too high? Low?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Thanks for the feedback. Like I said I had literally no knowledge of his situation.

Know that trading in the division is less likely and sounds like you guys aren't too keen on letting him go for cheap, just cause I'm bored would a 3rd be fairish value? Too high? Low?

Would probably be too high, but still not enough, if that makes sense.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
We won't be trading anyone from our NHL roster unless it becomes obvious that we're not making the playoffs. At that point people like Brodziak will be traded, not young players with potential like Haula.

Cooke's injury has weakened our depth up front.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
The only way Haula gets traded is if it's part of a larger deal.Haula by himself is probably worth at best a 4th round pick,I know a lot of people like him but I cannot see getting much more for him than that.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Haula doesn't have a ton of value right now, so I don't know why the Wild would look at moving him.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
Haula doesn't have a ton of value right now, so I don't know why the Wild would look at moving him.

The Wild have too many 3/4 line centers; Brodziak,Carter,Coyle and Haula.The Wild could use some improvement in the top 2 C positions,a defensive dman with some size and physicality is something else they could use.Making a multiplayer trade might make sense.

For example (I am not saying this is a good or realistic trade just an example of the type of trade);the Wild trade Haula,Granlund and a 2nd to Edmonton for RNH.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
The Wild have too many 3/4 line centers; Brodziak,Carter,Coyle and Haula.The Wild could use some improvement in the top 2 C positions,a defensive dman with some size and physicality is something else they could use.Making a multiplayer trade might make sense.

For example (I am not saying this is a good or realistic trade just an example of the type of trade);the Wild trade Haula,Granlund and a 2nd to Edmonton for RNH.

That type of trade isn't possible. You want to trade for a #1 center, you have to be willing to sacrifice for it... ie 1st round pick and legit players/1st round pick(s), top prospects and players.

We don't have a true #1 caliber center right now, but we have 2 #2 caliber centers. The problem is, one is old and getting older, so the other we should be looking to actually KEEP instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad