Value of: Value of flyers UFAs

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
Surprisingly, Gus had played well at ES. He started out shaky, taking lots of risks as usual, but really started reigning it in and has played way more "low event" hockey....which is a good thing.

fair but from LA's POV no point in bringing him in for his 5 on 5 when LA's 5 on 5 has not been bad, and I would rather play and develop their kids

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
fair but from LA's POV no point in bringing him in for his 5 on 5 when LA's 5 on 5 has not been bad, and I would rather play and develop their kids
agreed....I was just sharing the info that he has not been bad at ES at all this year...which most would expect.

Reactions: YP44

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
LA's PP is playing really well. He only brings PP help. IF LA deals for D it needs to be a more stay at home type

I'm not sure that's true, he'd be a good addition to the second power play unit. In this scenario, he'd be replacing Maatta and providing more depth so we don't have to play MacDermid in case we 1. make the playoffs, and 2. run into injuries.

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I'm not sure that's true, he'd be a good addition to the second power play unit. In this scenario, he'd be replacing Maatta and providing more depth so we don't have to play MacDermid in case we 1. make the playoffs, and 2. run into injuries.

I would rather bring back up clague or strand...or give Durzi a look

Reactions: go4hockey

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Very good trade idea. My only hesitation is paying Compher 3.5X3. I’d rather pay Laughton that contract and he’s due for a raise. Cant really afford to pay B6 players that much with the flyers in cap purgatory.
Base of Laughton for Timmons is real good though.

Eliott Friedman said recently that the Avs are looking for a "Blake Coleman type forward", and Laughton would be a perfect fit as a pending UFA who plays a physical two-way game and can play LW or C.

Right now Jost is doing really well at 3C between Nichuskin and Donskoi, exemplified by his stat line: in his last 7 games at 3C (which include 2 games each against Vegas and Minnesota) he has 4 points, +8, and 64.78 CF%, while also being the Avs best PKer. Nonetheless, having Laughton at 3LW or 4LW as a capable C would be nice 3C insurance/depth.

As suggested earlier, Laughton + pick for Timmins makes a tonne of sense. Alternatively if Flyers don't want to include a pick maybe Shane Bowers for Laughton straight up would work. Bowers is a former 28th overall pick who is on the cusp of making the NHL, but is a little stuck in the depth chart on a very deep Avs roster.

Last edited:

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Eliott Friedman said recently that the Avs are looking for a "Blake Coleman type forward", and Laughton would be a perfect fit as a pending UFA who plays a physical two-way game and can play LW or C.

Right now Jost is doing really well at 3C between Nichuskin and Donskoi, exemplified by his stat line: in his last 7 games at 3C (which include 2 games each against Vegas and Minnesota) he has 4 points, +8, and 64.78 CF%, while also being the Avs best PKer. Nonetheless, having Laughton at 3LW or 4LW as a capable C would be nice 3C insurance/depth.

As suggested earlier, Laughton + pick for Timmins makes a tonne of sense. Alternatively if Flyers don't want to include a pick maybe Shane Bowers for Laughton straight up would work. Bowers is a former 28th overall pick who is on the cusp of making the NHL, but is a little stuck in the depth chart on a very deep Avs roster.
That trade does make a lot of sense. Flyers brass is really high on Laughton. I’d expect they’d value Laughton and Timmins as equal value, which isn’t the case.

I haven’t seen much on Timmins, however, we’d need him to step into the lineup right away and be effective.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
That trade does make a lot of sense. Flyers brass is really high on Laughton. I’d expect they’d value Laughton and Timmins as equal value, which isn’t the case.

I haven’t seen much on Timmins, however, we’d need him to step into the lineup right away and be effective.
The fact that Laughton is a pending UFA is what unbalances the trade value. If he had term it would likely be Colorado adding, not Philadelphia.

Zonk

Jul 2, 2012
The difference is that Coleman and Goodrow had term remaining. If Laughten is an upcoming UFA then he has much less value. I would think if him returning a B level product and a conditional 2nd rounder if he re signs.
I believe that the new CBA no longer permits picks that are conditional on a player resigning.
Can Philly fans advise if Laughton is better at centre or on the wing?

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
I believe that the new CBA no longer permits picks that are conditional on a player resigning.
Good question. Stuck behind too many centers so move to wing got him to play on higher line and didnt drag it.
Nice versatility to have.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Laughton can play center but his best position is lw.

Reactions: Tripod

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad