If flyers keep slipping what do you think Philly will get in return for UFA’s
Scott Laughton
Micheal Raffl
Brian Elliot
Erik Gustafsson

I think a 2nd round pick for Laughton
4th or 5th for Raffl Elliott and Gustafsson
What do you guys think?Make an offer
I mean laughton isn’t going anywhere unless he says he’s not resigning, he’s a player the flyers will wanna keep around forever he can play up and down the lineup at anytime, the rest I’m happy to move on from moose started the season great but his last showings have been awful, he’s not full to blame the dmen have been atrocious but he’s let in weak ones aswell

Reactions: YP44 and flyersdad

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
If flyers keep slipping what do you think Philly will get in return for UFA’s
Scott Laughton
Micheal Raffl
Brian Elliot
Erik Gustafsson

I think a 2nd round pick for Laughton
4th or 5th for Raffl Elliott and Gustafsson
What do you guys think?Make an offer
Laughton is not moving and I could care less about the other three.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Laughton and Raffl probably stick around, they're well-liked personalities and excellent depth guys. The other two have marginal value. If the Flyers are making moves they're making bigger ones than these--though certainly if anyone wants Gus at any price I'm sure he'll be shipped off.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
If the Flyers look to move on from Laughton, i’m sure there will be tons of interest from contenders around the league. Type of guy you want come playoff time.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
Honestly if Coleman/Goodraw are worth 1sts then I would think Laughton would be worth a late first too. Someone like Toronto would make sense.

Laughton is 2nd line value at a manageable salary now and for the future.

Reactions: flyersdad

Blaine8797

Nov 26, 2018
Honestly if Coleman/Goodraw are worth 1sts then I would think Laughton would be worth a late first too. Someone like Toronto would make sense.

That’s my opinion also and if not he’s worth more to us as a player than what anyone will pay

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004

The difference is that Coleman and Goodrow had term remaining. If Laughten is an upcoming UFA then he has much less value. I would think if him returning a B level product and a conditional 2nd rounder if he re signs.

Kerr12

Feb 24, 2017
I would also prefer to sign Laughton after the expansion draft if the money is reasonable.But if he does price himself out and flyers are out of playoff race then a trade could be coming.Raffl would be nice to keep also

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I would also prefer to sign Laughton after the expansion draft if the money is reasonable.But if he does price himself out and flyers are out of playoff race then a trade could be coming.Raffl would be nice to keep also
Can't afford to keep them unless the choice is to move a bigger contract instead.

Plus, the prospects have to play somewhere.

Reactions: JUSTGIROUXIT

Kerr12

Feb 24, 2017
Can't afford to keep them unless the choice is to move a bigger contract instead.

Plus, the prospects have to play somewhere.
I completely agree that he will be priced out of philly so I won’t be surprised if he’s on the block April 12th if Philly is out of the playoff race

Reactions: Tripod

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I completely agree that he will be priced out of philly so I won’t be surprised if he’s on the block April 12th if Philly is out of the playoff race
I do think they do love Laughton....and it also would not surprise me is he gets re-signed after the ED if a bigger ticket guy it taken....like JVR

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Do the Flyers straight up want only picks coming back? Will have to trade a player back to make salaries work for the Canucks.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I proposed the trade below between Avs and Flyers a few weeks ago involving Laughton which seemed to work for some fans on either side.

Proposal: - Philadelphia - Colorado

Scott Laughton, 26 , C/LW ($2.3m x 1 year)
Justin Braun, 33, RD ($1.8m x 2 years)
2021 PHI 2nd

for

Conor Timmins, 22, RD ($925k x 1 year)
JT Compher, 25, RW ($3.5m x 3 years)​

The trade could be massaged in several ways, such as including Elliott and/or dropping Braun/Compher. Either way there could be a good trade to be made with a base being around swapping Laughton/Timmins.

Reactions: CapnZin

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
I proposed the trade below between Avs and Flyers a few weeks ago involving Laughton which seemed to work for some fans on either side.

Proposal: - Philadelphia - Colorado

Scott Laughton, 26 , C/LW ($2.3m x 1 year)
Justin Braun, 33, RD ($1.8m x 2 years)
2021 PHI 2nd

for

Conor Timmins, 22, RD ($925k x 1 year)
JT Compher, 25, RW ($3.5m x 3 years)​

The trade could be massaged in several ways, such as including Elliott and/or dropping Braun/Compher. Either way there could be a good trade to be made with a base being around swapping Laughton/Timmins.
Very good trade idea. My only hesitation is paying Compher 3.5X3. I’d rather pay Laughton that contract and he’s due for a raise. Cant really afford to pay B6 players that much with the flyers in cap purgatory.
Base of Laughton for Timmons is real good though.

Reactions: Richard88

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
LA's PP is playing really well. He only brings PP help. IF LA deals for D it needs to be a more stay at home type
Surprisingly, Gus had played well at ES. He started out shaky, taking lots of risks as usual, but really started reigning it in and has played way more "low event" hockey....which is a good thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: