Proposal: Value of 77#...

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Strange post, his value is limited and he’s no sure bet yet. Things are looking good, but he wouldn’t be the first to play a good 20 games and then go cold.

I want to see a sustained effort for the whole season before I claim the real Dach has arrived.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
What the f***.

Why would we use Dach as a trade chip? Honestly. Why.

So let's trade an early 20s former top 3 pick who is producing Iike a beast for a pick to select a player that could hopefully one day be a young player that produces like a beast. Makes zero sense man. Dach fits right into the core with his skillset and age.

If Dach has the value of a top 5 pick in 2 years, it means that he attained his potential and is basically what you hope a top 5 pick becomes.

I'm all for the rebuild and have been for years, but the mentality that everything has to be traded for a pick is starting to get a bit out of hand.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
I’m really torn about where I want Dach to play in the lineup. He has great chemistry with Suzuki and Caufield but at the same time he is a natural center. Him playing down the middle would give the Habs a great 1-2 combo for years to come.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I’m really torn about where I want Dach to play in the lineup. He has great chemistry with Suzuki and Caufield but at the same time he is a natural center. Him playing down the middle would give the Habs a great 1-2 combo for years to come.
He would pair well with Slafkosky on a second line with one of Farrell, Beck or Mesar.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
He would pair well with Slafkosky on a second line with one of Farrell, Beck or Mesar.
I’m guessing that the plan is to play Slafkovsky with either the Suzuki / Caufield pairing or to play him with his good friend from back home in Mesar. You could put Dach between those two.

Beck is a center so I can’t see him and Dach playing together. But if Beck pans out a Suzuki / Dach / Beck down the middle sounds really good.

JohnTheBaptist

We are brothers/sisters and of the Divine Source
Nov 13, 2022
Dubois - Suzuki - Caufield
Slafkovsky - Dach - Mesar

Dach is a crucial piece for the future

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Let’s also trade Suzuki, Caufield, Guhle & Slafkovsky i guess since they could get us big returns.

Reactions: Redux91

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Dach for Nemec? Anderson in the mix if the rumours are true? Get creative.

Why the f*** would we trade Dach rofl

For a better future, you set it up for the next couple of years, enabling a top 10 pick in a deep draft and a really good blue chip prospect.

Last edited:

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I mean I guess it depends on how he performs for the rest of the season. But at 21, why not just develop him into a good top 6 F, use him to compete, then resign him at 25 when he's an rfa for the entirety of his prime

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Dach for Nemec? Anderson in the mix if the rumours are true? Get creative.

For a better future, you set it up for the next couple of years, enabling a top 10 pick in a deep draft and a top blue chip prospect.
Unfortunately for you and your vision, everything HuGo has done so far points to them preferring ready prospects instead of futures that'll take a while to develop. That's why it wouldn't surprise me if their main target for an Anderson is a blue chip prospect. They want to get competitive fast so trading a relatively known 21 year old for an unknown 18 year old is counter productive to their model. They aren't necessarily rushing, they just understand that 95% of the future team is already in house and just needs to develop.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Unfortunately for you and your vision, everything HuGo has done so far points to them preferring ready prospects instead of futures that'll take a while to develop. That's why it wouldn't surprise me if their main target for an Anderson is a blue chip prospect. They want to get competitive fast so trading a relatively known 21 year old for an unknown 18 year old is counter productive to their model. They aren't necessarily rushing, they just understand that 95% of the future team is already in house and just needs to develop.

I don't have a vision, I created a meme, I answered the OP's question, nobody knows the future.

They're not trading Nemec for Dach, they want Slaf or Caufield.

Dach's size, salary, terms and emergence is exactly what NJ is looking for; actually, they don't want small players on their team, especially with Hugues already being small, that's what they said last summer when Caufield was proposed. Maybe wait until the deadline to prove it's just not a hot streak but I don't think it's crazy. Give them Anderson too, they're gunning for the cup.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad