Value of: Value 5th overall pick??

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
alternate to keeping d and trading pick [for F help]

LaF could be had imo but requires overpay. he is excellent 5x5, signif part of best 5x5 line in NHL, short term not crazy $$$, etc

You don't HAVE TO go LaF, but if you do,
You have to bite the bullet and pay top $
equal value doesn't cut it, and let's not be hypocrites, we usually don't do = for = value, coke for pepsi
we do trades to get ahead, profit

which brings me to
Guhle + Reinbacher ++
for
LaF + [likely including Lindgren + Jones as stopgaps]

that checks all boxes, keep yr 5OA, draft bpa, and even if Lind + Jo not included, you STILL have lots of D
[also Reinbacher not actually here for another 1.5 yrs, so in terms of immediate roster removal, that would just be Guhle].

Rs would take D help and gamble Othmann can step in
:laugh:

Nah, that's shit.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I read the 10 as a 1 and an o as in 1st overall. I’d still rank Merced higher than 15th as he is a guaranteed 1st liner. I think someone did a chart and higher teens are supposed to turn into second liners. So I’d say 2 picks around 10. They are also closer to being done their rebuild so wouldn’t want to wait for 5th pick to develop. Also, have they expressed any interest in Harris or is that the player mtl can most afford to move?
5th was going for Zegras. Could be wrong but figured Devils weren’t as strong on LHD but he can play both sides, steady cheap 3rd pair D

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Hab fans have convinced themselves zegras is a hot headed locker room cancer 1 dimensional .50ppg player incapable of change based on the first 12 games of this season. Also all he can do is Michigan

Please don’t bring any sort of logic into an argument against it, and please ignore his stats when he returned from injury
I disagree that we can all be painted with the same brush. Many of us would be alright with the pick for Z. I wouldn't be thrilled because I don't think he's the right target, but he's an awesome player and value is probably fair.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I disagree that we can all be painted with the same brush. Many of us would be alright with the pick for Z. I wouldn't be thrilled because I don't think he's the right target, but he's an awesome player and value is probably fair.
not sure why habs fans think the Ducks would trade Zegras for the 5th overall pick in the first place... our GM said he's done selling and it's time to start winning. trading Z is the exact opposite of that

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
not sure why habs fans think the Ducks would trade Zegras for the 5th overall pick in the first place... our GM said he's done selling and it's time to start winning. trading Z is the exact opposite of that
And that's fair. Again I wouldn't be thrilled, but wouldn't be upset either.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Its clearly not. Not even close in fact. I don't know what kind of value you put on each of those pieces but the bern proposal was atrocious compare to that.
really?
you can ignore baron in this proposal as he is nowhere close to the other pieces in the offer:
5th oa for laf and schneider
so the rangers who just won the president trophy give up two rfa roster players for a pick.

really close. completely covers their need. i am devils who hates rangers. but this is far off.

from my perspective the rangers would have the value like this: laf>guhle>5th oa

Reactions: bernmeister

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
really?
you can ignore baron in this proposal as he is nowhere close to the other pieces in the offer:
so the rangers who just won the president trophy give up two rfa roster players for a pick.

really close. completely covers their need. i am devils who hates rangers. but this is far off.

from my perspective the rangers would have the value like this: laf>guhle>5th oa
And from my perspective, the habs would have the value like this

5ov>guhle>laf. And while Barron is often a throw in because of his contract situation, Schneider isn't putting the ligue in fire either. Both are bottom pairing dman a this stage, and are the same age and both are 1st rounder. Schneider may have more value based on the fact he played more game but if you consider the 5ov having more value than laf, it's pretty much even. It's not has stupid as guhle+reinbacher++ for laf

• Haha
Reactions: TBF1972

captainpaxil

Dec 2, 2008
Frost is too much to move up from 12 but I'd think the flyers are looking at upgrading the Florida pick

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Its clearly not. Not even close in fact. I don't know what kind of value you put on each of those pieces but the bern proposal was atrocious compare to that.
nope
what is atrocious is the gross undervaluing of LaF in this thread

really?

shout out kudos for speaking truth

Mersss

Jul 12, 2014
really?

Laf is def not better than Guhle.

Since when is a middle 6 winger worth a top pairing 24min a night dman? Draft pedigree don't matter
Once Laf puts up 30-30 regularly youll be able to trade him for a top pairing LHD.

Not when he's stoll a 40sh pts winger

Reactions: viceroy

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Guhle > Laf
reinbacher >>>>>>>>> Jones
Lindgren is a #6 like Savard

Why the F Habs do this?
Last year. Sure. This year. No.

Guhle simply didn’t play very well or make any progress on his prior season while LaF made huge gains.

So it’s not currently accurate to say Guhle > LaF unless you get in a Time Machine.

reinbacher had a very disappointing post draft season. He needs to rebuild his value before he’s mentioned in trade threads.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Yeah, Laf with a career high of 57pts playing with a top5 player in the league is worth the moon. Don't you know that
Think outside the box, maybe you'll understand. :sarcasm:

Laf is sooooo valuable for marketing. As if no other players in the league are also Canadian.

Reactions: viceroy

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
8 years has been enough lol. If it was a 5th round pick and Barron it would be one of the worst ever lol. But I misinterpreted, that you meant 5th overall pick which obviously makes it a lot closer.
It wasn't my post, but I didn't see the edit. Cheers

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Nah, like always, everyone shit on your proposal because they are always out of touch.:facepalm:
what everyone?
A half dozen + Habs fans want to drive down the price, so they undervalue LaF, criminally.

Look, LaF, Guhle, and Rein all are/project as 3 fine players.
Do we now know who will have the best career when all is said + done?
Honestly no.
So we best we can do is extrapolate with admission of that.

Guhle is terrif but not the 2nd coming of Bobby Orr,
neither is Rein who projects, best case scenario, as Leetch lite.

On the other hand, I was accurate to say if LaF overcame initial skating issues, which now clearly he has -- then min floor is Steve Vickers
Remember, while highly rated, neither Guhle nor Rein earned the predraft hype:
best 1OA since MacKinnon who is not a generational talent.

But go ahead, you do you, whatev

In the end, usually, when Rs listen to bern they are better off, when they don't they are not.

• Haha
Reactions: bud12

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
We're all just dumb compared to Bern.
I wouldn't and for the record did NOT say that.
Howev
if someone, anyone, fails to push the envelope and consider all factors extensively as I try to do, they will reap what they sow.

I make mistakes, plenty.
But my track record is usually correct.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
what everyone?
A half dozen + Habs fans want to drive down the price, so they undervalue LaF, criminally.

Look, LaF, Guhle, and Rein all are/project as 3 fine players.
Do we now know who will have the best career when all is said + done?
Honestly no.
So we best we can do is extrapolate with admission of that.

Guhle is terrif but not the 2nd coming of Bobby Orr,
neither is Rein who projects, best case scenario, as Leetch lite.

On the other hand, I was accurate to say if LaF overcame initial skating issues, which now clearly he has -- then min floor is Steve Vickers
Remember, while highly rated, neither Guhle nor Rein earned the predraft hype:
best 1OA since MacKinnon who is not a generational talent.

But go ahead, you do you, whatev

In the end, usually, when Rs listen to bern they are better off, when they don't they are not.
AHahhaha keep it up. At least, you're enterteining

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Think outside the box, maybe you'll understand. :sarcasm:

Laf is sooooo valuable for marketing. As if no other players in the league are also Canadian.
Others also being Canadian is not a factor; you are implying I suggest that ALONE is core to their value/worth/team interest.

LaF already = superior player with elite status likely around the corner 1-2 yrs, barring injury.
That ^ does not apply to most other NHLers of Canadian heritage.

AHahhaha keep it up. At least, you're enterteining
I will keep it up.
And your quote above does nothing to refute my pts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad