Confirmed with Link: Valiquette with a cryptic comment on our captains/alternates

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
That's true.

I love Valiquette but he seems like exactly the type of dude who would see curiosity in the comments and play it up a bit.

Oh, absolutely 100%

The reason he's never been pulled is because he was only playing on Hank's determined days off :laugh:

His job I feel is a 'pity gig'

Allowed 10 and it could have been worse.

Oh yeah. He was so, so bad. It's all I think about any time I see him.

BobMarleyNYR

Rangers future on D
May 2, 2004
Alphabet
Valiquette could be the guy out... he seems fed up with Giannone of late... but wouldn't he have gotten management's clearance before saying that? Maybe he's rage quitting?

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
It is time.
cut.jpg

Daves a mess

Jan 8, 2014
Its obvious that the Rangers are going to give the C to Ryan Lindgren to up his value in a 1 for 1 trade for C Jack Eichel at the deadline. Gorts is cool with moving his "C's".

"Kevyn ( or is it Kevin?) would be smart to jump on our version of Scott Stevens.

You people are so bad at connecting the dots.

Excuse me while I post my facts on the Main and Sabres boards.

Reactions: Rangers ftw

Oscar Lindberg

Dec 14, 2015
CA
I refuse to believe Kreider would be named captain. They’ve had multiple chances to do it and haven’t, so why now?

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
I refuse to believe Kreider would be named captain. They’ve had multiple chances to do it and haven’t, so why now?

That's kind of my thought process too. It's so hard to guess at this stuff when we don't have access to the locker room, their day to day relationships, etc. Who knows, maybe Lindberg is the soon-to-be captain!

As for someone saying Vally's job is a pitty gig, I actually like his takes on things! I'd much rather see him and Cally doing that job than Giannone.

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island
I have it on good authority that the rangers are going to wait 2 years and name laf captain. Also they aren’t looking at naming Kreider captain unless something drastic has changed in the last day

Reactions: McSauer

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
I have it on good authority that the rangers are going to wait 2 years and name laf captain. Also they aren’t looking at naming Kreider captain unless something drastic has changed in the last day
Whom would be your good authority?

Tob

Sep 16, 2017
Panarin doesn't need an A. He's their spirit animal. For next season, Kreider gets the C, Trouba Lindgren As on defense. Stromer and Mika. If Stromer is gone, then give one to Fox. I don't know how Fox is in the room and it doesn't seem like he's the one on the podium a ton. They defer a lot of that to Troubs and Smitty this year.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Kreider should be getting the C at this point.

For the people saying Vally is a troll, why would he lie about something like this when he is all over MSG doing the intermission work.

I don't think he's lying but the way he says "I'll keep it to myself" is probably making it sound bigger than it is.

Again, if I had to bet, they would just go 5 A's with Kreider being the captain-not-captain who always wears one like Staal in 18-19.

Reactions: RGY

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Captain??? Trouba is a basic bro. If you can’t ID that from a mile away, I can’t help you. He has an ‘A’ because he’s a veteran amongst college aged kids, and the absurd contract commitment locks him into the role.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I read that to mean someone with a letter may be on his way out.

Can’t see Kreider getting the C at this point. He would have been named already, no? Plus the coach is halfway out the door, why now, unless it’s coming from the GM’s office?

that’s how I took it.

Reactions: McSauer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad